My Best shave yet

Thanks to Moodymick i'm now the owner of a 40's gillette Tech head on a NEW handle. Came as part of a gorgeous little travel set.

The plan was leaving it amy my girlfriends so that i'd have a shaving kit over there.

Well i used it last night, in a bit of a hurry. Lathered up some T&H west indian limes with a cheapie wilkinson boar brush (surprisingly good lather) and went at it.

Had a Thai Superthin in the tech, and to be honest i was rushing, not taking care, and going a bit hack happy.

In spite of that, i had one of the smoothest, closest and most forgiving shaves i've ever had. Not sure if its the profile on the razor, the blade or some crazy alignment of the planets, but i literally cant wait to use it again.

This has got me to thinking. Are there any larger versions of the tech that i could use at home. Ive become very used to my large handled EJ loxley and would prefer something with a bit more heft than my travel tech (its lovely, but handle is too small for daily use)

Alternatively, i have a spare EJ handle, am i likely to experience the exact same shave if i just screwed on my spare EJ handle? (i would have thought so, but its always good to check)

so on the lookout for either:

1) a spare tech head of the same generation that i can screw onto my EJ handle
2) a larger version of the tech

for info.. this is the head i have now:

dsc01559et.jpg

hehe i suffer no such disease :)

i have one brush at home and one razor

likewise at the girlfriends. Thats just it.

just looking to have the best shave I can, and so far it seems these old three piece gillettes do the job for me.

Back
Top Bottom