MWF

Rev-O said:
Can't get a decent lather off it though.

Someone said it like soft water . . .?

just found this on 'the other' forum

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=126516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=126516</a><!-- m -->

might be worth investigating if you have lather issues with it?

Rev-O said:
Can't get a decent lather off it though.

It's more difficult to lather MWF than most soaps. The usual rule of thumb is to load and load and load the brush. And then load some more. Load the brush more than you usually do with other soaps. Only then, start making the lather by adding some drops of water at a time.
It take more work, but the lather is great.

I've used it with water sourced from RM10 - just requires either a very small addition of salt or more soap.

I should say that this was picked up from a site I used to work on that does R&D into granular detergents and their first hurdle is "if it works with London Water, it should work with anything" - mostly because the general quality (not just the mineral load) is so low.

Same for me - very crap water here in West London.

I always face lather, plenty of product, dry brush to load up and add lots of water whilst face lathering. Any of the initial foamy stuff goes on the chops and the brush gets reloaded with the the thicker creamier paste off the puck. I think MWF takes a bit more water than you think you need, almost to the point that you think you've added too much.

Boy, did I want to like this soap. I loved the mild scent and the way my face felt afterwards... but damn, is it inconsistent.

I've read a tutorial at B&B that suggests that water temperature will make a huge difference - use luke warm water, not hot. It may or may not be anything to do with hard water. I reckon it's planetary alignment and phases of the moon. :mrgreen:

I've I have not bothered ordering another puck to find out - anyone (in London) care to try it?

John

I agree, there are better sheep extract soaps out there. I rate the Prairie Creations with Lanolin up there with Arko & Tabac for latherability & quality.

jhclare said:
Boy, did I want to like this soap. I loved the mild scent and the way my face felt afterwards... but damn, is it inconsistent.

I've read a tutorial at B&B that suggests that water temperature will make a huge difference - use luke warm water, not hot. It may or may not be anything to do with hard water. I reckon it's planetary alignment and phases of the moon. :mrgreen:

I've I have not bothered ordering another puck to find out - anyone (in London) care to try it?

John
MWF inconsistent????what the hell???? :eek:

fozz77 said:
I agree, there are better sheep extract soaps out there. I rate the Prairie Creations with Lanolin up there with Arko & Tabac for latherability & quality.
Ian I havent tried PC with lanolin,but Tabac and Arko are regular performers,thats all.Well see how that PC with lanolin would work.You know my love for Kells original,which I consider a step behind from MWF.

Teiste said:
fozz77 said:
Ian I havent tried PC with lanolin,but Tabac and Arko are regular performers,thats all.Well see how that PC with lanolin would work.You know my love for Kells original,which I consider a step behind from MWF.

I have hard water & I have to add KMF to get a good lather out of MWF. I do not have to do this with Kells - This is possibly the best soap I have used for cushioning, slickness & skin conditioning qualities- , Palmolive, Speick, Tabac, Arko, La Toja, Wilkinsons.........& now the Prairie Creations w/lanolin I have a good selection to choose from that all lather well in my water.

If does smell great & the sheep juice is a great conditioner. But, for lather consistancy & quality it falls behind the soaps mentioned above in my books.

fozz77 said:
Teiste said:
fozz77 said:

I have hard water & I have to add KMF to get a good lather out of MWF. I do not have to do this with Kells - This is possibly the best soap I have used for cushioning, slickness & skin conditioning qualities- , Palmolive, Speick, Tabac, Arko, La Toja, Wilkinsons.........& now the Prairie Creations w/lanolin I have a good selection to choose from that all lather well in my water.

If does smell great & the sheep juice is a great conditioner. But, for lather consistancy & quality it falls behind the soaps mentioned above in my books.
Its funny that you mention that cuz when I was living in the Canary Islands(super hard water) I experienced the same than you do with those soaps (Kells,Palmolive,La toja....) and with Kent/MWF I had problems until I made a shavestick from it but following Joses tutorials about how to make great lather from MWF I can tell you that even for a child would be easy to make a great lather from it,regardless of the kind of water(btw,Jose lives on a part of Spain with hard water too).I will try the PC soap but I dont think its gonna be better than the Kells.Thanks for the recommendation,my friend!

Back
Top Bottom