MWF Reformulation? Yes! Again!

Neat! Yeah, my point about the laurates is more about it being cited that way (as "potassium laurate" and "sodium laurate") rather than it necessarily being a new ingredient. Simple point of fact, if you google "shaving soap laurate" you get a very short list of hits and they're all rather neatly the few who have gone to this type of formulation - in fact, that's how I found that Mitchell's had reformulated again.

By 'eck lads! It's good!

I'm pretty sure @ATG thinks so, too ... and hopefully my reference to older formulations fills in the context. Anyone else used the latest one yet?

By 'eck lads! It's good!

I'm pretty sure @ATG thinks so, too ...
Shame I haven't tried it before really but compared with what I have used this sits right there at the top of the list amongst the much more expensive offerings. Lately I have move away from the scented soaps and this for me ticks absolutely ALL boxes.
Thanks P @pjgh for your detailed insight in MWF's formulation journey and also @donnie_arko for setting up the Fat February without which I wouldn't have discovered MWF.

Shame I haven't tried it before really but compared with what I have used this sits right there at the top of the list amongst the much more expensive offerings. Lately I have move away from the scented soaps and this for me ticks absolutely ALL boxes.
Thanks P @pjgh for your detailed insight in MWF's formulation journey and also @donnie_arko for setting up the Fat February without which I wouldn't have discovered MWF.

The Fat welcomes all.

Good to have you with us.

Regarding the removal of the "Original 1893 Formula" from the logo Mitchell's tell me that they already have the redesigned ceramic pots going out to resellers but the sticker on the cardboard boxes will remain until they've been depleted. So, folks buying a ceramic pot may or may not get the redesign depending upon stock levels out there with resellers. If you specifically want the old one ... or the new one ... check with the reseller first.

This sounds great news, as it's ages since I had a new soap (running down what I have first). I never got round to trying MWF before all the fuss about duds and then got given a Kent in good faith which sadly turned out to be dud. Likewise I love Tabac AS and EdC but they reformulated their soap about the time I was going to buy one so I've held off.

Tabac and MWF in their lux bowl packaging are both on my wish list, just waiting for confirmation from one of you more expert members to say that Connaught have the latest and greatest. They'd be my preferred retailer as I know Paul is always upfront about which versions he's got in stock, and he fulfills faster than Amazon somehow. Plus he doesn't make so much profit as to fly to space in a metal chopper, so more deserving of my loyalty!

Back
Top Bottom