MWF issues

Hi all I'm new here. I've used Mitchell's wool fat soap a few times now and its caused some irritation but the main issue is that its causing ingrown hairs. Has anyone else suffered from this with MWF or know what's causing this? i have tried various other soaps and creams with no issues

MWF worked gr8 for me for some years, however some guys are lanolin intolerant which could be causing the skin irritation. If when you cease using it the irritation stops then it's a fair assumption it's cause and effect. Just steer clear of lanolin content in future soaps/ shampoos etc & hopefully that's cleared it all up for you. If you find that a few shaving soaps or creams don't agree with your skin I'd recommend trying a glycerine soap at some time in the future.
Good luck & hope the prob clears up.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

As Johnny as pointed out, you're most probably reacting to the lanolin. Many people react to the synthetic stuff, and a few to the natural stuff. The lanolin in MWF is natural.

Ian

Coincidentally, I'd just finished shaving with MWF before I read this - worst shave for years which has left my skin blotchy and sore. However it was also the first time using a Micromatic OC so I'm unsure as to where the blame lies.

I've used MWF before and had no noticeable reaction but It's something I will test specifically with a known razor/blade combination. Hadn't realized before that there can be a reaction to lanolin - I assumed that MWF was OK on the basis that's it's been around for so long.

Is it actually in-grown hairs you're getting, causing huge sore lumps which need the hair to be plucked out and the area to be treated ... or is it more like a rash?

clarkey3593 said:
is there any other products that you recommend, you said a glycerine soap but anyone in particular?

I use Prof Blighty's glycerine which he sells both on Ebay & at a reduced cost to members of TSR. A message to him will get you details. I also really appreciate Mama Bear's natural glycerine soaps, far as I know Traditional Shaving Co are the only stockists in Britain. Scent from Heaven are remarkably inexpensive & sell through Ebay, I've also found them to perform well. Colonel Conk is the only glycerine soap I've found which I just didn't like, however since it sells it obviously suits some.
If you wish to try some Mama Bear drop me a message and I'll post you a sample down sometime next week.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

joe mcclaine said:
Is it actually in-grown hairs you're getting, causing huge sore lumps which need the hair to be plucked out and the area to be treated ... or is it more like a rash?

I think from a previous post of his, it's more like the first example. "Pus filled huge sore lumps" sounds about right. Luckily he's only got a very slight case of lanolitis.

clarkey3593 said:
It's actually causing ingrown hairs which is a pain. I known its the soap as everything else has remained constant

soaps themselves shouldn't cause ingrown hairs, id have thought

guess you might be allergic to something in it

Back
Top Bottom