MWF conclusion

No harm in trying is there.

I'm not convinced it'll work to be honest and its the final straw. I'll save my shower until after a shave tonight...if it doesn't produce a lather for a shave it'll go straight into the shower soap dish lol!

What if it does work though...that was the question went through my head. Miss out on one of the best lathers known to the shaving world for the sake of a few days in a bowl of water....be stupid not to try it!!

Indeed, what if it does work ...

Well, you'll be perpetuating a myth that voodoo and witchcraft makes MWF lather. If it does, please report that you circled the bowl thirteen times a day wearing nothing but sheepskin chaps, chanting "Baaa! Baaa! Shaving Sheep, give me all your wool!".

... in case you missed it in other MWF discussion threads.

I'll follow that ritual exactly and hope for the best!

I'll follow that ritual exactly and hope for the best!
Don't overthink it. I've just done a brief example for you. MWF dug out and you can see it's a dried puck (cake). I've opted to use a cheap(ish) synthetic:

Bloomed for 60 seconds and loaded for 20 seconds. Palm lather - added some water - voila! Good to go:

Oh, I forget to mention the chant. You need to do the chant. Beware of what you're signing up for though......

OK so heres what happened. Lifted the very swollen puck out of the bowl and noticed how soft and squidgy it was so plunked it in a bowl. Decided to go at it with a DRY brush but followed the advice above fro @pjgh, 10 circles clockwise and 10 anticlockwise. Gathered up as much soap as that would give me and transferred it to my scuttle and this was the results.

Now its probably not up to you guys levels of lather or @Boycie83 from earlier but I know what it is...its better than anything I could muster on Thursday working my way through all my brushes and bowls so I'm happy with that. Complete coincidence I used the dry brush as I felt how soft the puck was with my fingers.

Now obviously I can't bloom this for 3 days everytime I want to use it so the next test will be when I go to use it again will I get the same results with a quick bloom of the puck and a dry brush. Who knows!

No sheep chant was necessary and the amazing MWF post shave feel was great although I had to jump straight into the shower after and unfortunately lost it! Ah well, still a positive result in my eyes.

The Fat has avoided the shower for now anyway and I'm already looking forward to seeing how it performs next time.

DC

Mad skills! Thanks for the advice.

Used my MWF the other day and not the most user friendly soap. It is one you just have to stick with and make it work. The end results were very usable but personally I can't be bothered with the faffing around.

Alternatively just go with a soap you know works and then say 'that's why I don't use MWF'

It definitely has its quirks and needs that bit more effort. I'm still new to all this to happy to put the time in. Maybe, as time goes on I'll decide I've had enough and move on. Just good to be able to experience it (sort of)