MWF Ceramic dish

On the whole I'd say that Wool Fat is unique, but there are plenty of soaps which perform as well with less palaver. The main reason why I get on with it is because it's tailor made for my water supply just down t'road - certainly not a matter of lathering prowess.

Anyway, it's most remarkable property is the way it fills up a brush, and no, nothing comparable comes to mind for face lathering. Assuming you can get the stuff working in the first place, of course. I have never got the measure of using "just enough" of this soap.

For similar a similarly rich and slick lather, Crema Cella springs to mind - that's almond but not as full on as the more obviously marzipan scented P.160 Morbido. Nanny's soaps and Martin de Candre share these properties, as does Prairie Creations if you work it hard - all of these are soft or semi-soft. Nothing in the way of hard soap seems to behave like MWF really.

Johnus said:
Interesting that mitchell's hasn't added capitalized on their uniqueness and added other fragrances.

I like the fact it doesn't have a strong fragrance. I've had an occasional reaction to one or two creams and soaps with a strong fragrance.

But you've got a point. It might open up a few opportunities for them.

Mitchell appear to be a resolutely traditional company! Anybody know who else they supply other than Kent? There's probably quite a lot of rebranded Wool Fat around as well as an established export market, so maybe they don't feel the need to diversify.

Paul_D said:
Johnus said:
Interesting that mitchell's hasn't added capitalized on their uniqueness and added other fragrances.

I like the fact it doesn't have a strong fragrance. I've had an occasional reaction to one or two creams and soaps with a strong fragrance.

But you've got a point. It might open up a few opportunities for them.

I prefer to shave with unscented products and then put on the Cologne / aftershave prior to going out on the town.

Arrowhead said:
Mitchell appear to be a resolutely traditional company! Anybody know who else they supply other than Kent? There's probably quite a lot of rebranded Wool Fat around as well as an established export market, so maybe they don't feel the need to diversify.

It is also branded as Bluebeards Revenge and available through the Shaving Shack

It worked.
New ceramic dish with another puck of MWF for Christmas (also got some Proraso ASB).
Just need to make sure I don't drop the ****** thing again....:icon_wink:

Paul_D said:
Thanks for the ideas.
I am stalling as I've e-mailed my wife a link to Paul's (Connaught) website pointing out that he sells nice ceramic dishes with that nice shaving soap I like ....and it's Christmas soon. However she thinks I've got more than enough soaps and creams so I'm open to other ideas. I like the Grundtal tins. I'm not sure I can be bothered to grate a whole puck of MWF though.

Back
Top Bottom