MWF Ceramic dish

As winter is approaching I thought I'd open a new packet of MWF. I've tried various other soaps over the Summer months but quite like the lanolin in MWF. However on digging out my nice ceramic dish from the bottom of my wardrobe, I find the dish is in multiple pieces. :icon_sad: It always did look fragile.
Now the question is: Do I replace the ceramic dish or not?
If not, do I go for a wooden dish or a cheap plastic one?
What do other people use?

All advice gratefully received.

Paul

I had my dish smash on me also - very annoying.

I think if I buy some more MWF I would also get a new dish to go with it. So I would replace it :)

I must admit I like the ceramic MWF dish. If mine ever gets broken I'll either bite the bullet and replace it with another ceramic dish or I'll get one of these-
wp428dac27_05.jpg

I use the white corning-ware like ramekins. The dome shaped ones with the ridges on the outside. These ramekins fit into large coffee cups and make excellent scuttles. Nothing like warm MWF.

I use Grundtal tins from Ikea for storing soaps that I've bought without bowls. I either grate or just squish the soap into them.

I really like the Connaught bowls as in Mattlad's post above. I've got a few and one size will fit MWF just right. Not the cheapest option but 'a good investment'.

Thanks for the ideas.
I am stalling as I've e-mailed my wife a link to Paul's (Connaught) website pointing out that he sells nice ceramic dishes with that nice shaving soap I like ....and it's Christmas soon. However she thinks I've got more than enough soaps and creams so I'm open to other ideas. I like the Grundtal tins. I'm not sure I can be bothered to grate a whole puck of MWF though.

I went all minimalist not long ago....got some tupperware type tubs and milled the soap into them, works great, soap keeps fresh and they are stackable. And besides, always wondered why the MWF soap doesnt fit snug in the bowl, really winds me up.

But, if I were to buy the dish for one soap it would be MWF, best soap ever in my opinion. And *cough, why was the dish in the bottom of your wardrobe ha ha

Merkur said:
And *cough, why was the dish in the bottom of your wardrobe ha ha

ah.
That's where I hide my shaving gear.
I'd used up one puck of MWF and decided to try out / use up various other soaps over the summer before opening another puck of MWF (also hidden in the wardrobe). Clearly the wardrobe is not ideal as I'd managed to break it at some point....

[attachment=3938]
Paul_D said:
As winter is approaching I thought I'd open a new packet of MWF. I've tried various other soaps over the Summer months but quite like the lanolin in MWF. However on digging out my nice ceramic dish from the bottom of my wardrobe, I find the dish is in multiple pieces. :icon_sad: It always did look fragile.
Now the question is: Do I replace the ceramic dish or not?
If not, do I go for a wooden dish or a cheap plastic one?
What do other people use?

All advice gratefully received.

Paul

I grated mine into a round tupperwear dish that seals nice and airtight, granted it dont look too good but keeps the soap nice as you can see in the pic

Attachments

• IMG_0249(1).JPG
    IMG_0249(1).JPG
    357.6 KB · Views: 60
The grundtal tins from ikea are good , I didnt need to grate the MWF or any others , just a slight push gives a snug fit . Also the clear top enables you to identify which soap is which in your collection by printing out a pretty label and putting it in (laminating them if you are fussy ). The lids have a slight screw top also which keeps it nice and airtight. The price is good too £4.99 for 3 , dimensions are Diameter: 9.5 cm Height: 3.7 cm
Others have mentioned them also in differring threads - not as attractive as wood or porcelain but IMHO is a big improvement on plastic

Back
Top Bottom