MWF & Adding Lanolin To Other Soaps & Creams?

I've been considering trying the famous MWF soap for a while now, but get put off by many negative reviews and comments, even though these are countered by the many effusive recommendations of MWF :? I like the sound of the lanolin benefits, e.g. soft skin, but I live in an area where the water is very hard, so worry I might not get a good lather. I know some members have had trouble generating a quality lather.

So, would it be advisable to add lanolin (I've seen small tubs for sale on eBay for about £7.00) to other soaps and creams? And does the lanolin actually make any noticeable difference when used in soaps and creams? If it was that beneficial wouldn't all manufacturers use it?

I'd like to hear any thoughts on this puzzling matter, particularly from our resident soap manufacturers.

I would give the MWF a go Rich. I too have hard water & do not get thick creamy lather from MWF - like Tabac for example. however, the shaves are very good.

I have never added lanolin to a cream or soap, so cannot comment unfortunately.

Hi RichA,

I've not tried lanolin or any other additives in soaps or creams, however if you want your very own wee chunk of MWF to try drop me an Im with an addy & I'll post you down a slice next week.

JohnnyO. :shave

rich_ant said:
I've been considering trying the famous MWF soap for a while now, but get put off by many negative reviews and comments, even though these are countered by the many effusive recommendations of MWF :? I like the sound of the lanolin benefits, e.g. soft skin, but I live in an area where the water is very hard, so worry I might not get a good lather. I know some members have had trouble generating a quality lather.

So, would it be advisable to add lanolin (I've seen small tubs for sale on eBay for about £7.00) to other soaps and creams? And does the lanolin actually make any noticeable difference when used in soaps and creams? If it was that beneficial wouldn't all manufacturers use it?

I'd like to hear any thoughts on this puzzling matter, particularly from our resident soap manufacturers.
Have you tried Ingrams cream (about £1.80) from the co-op chemist or superdrug. I find the lanolin (in this) makes a big difference for me. The cream lathers fine - well good enough.

Johnny0; many thanks for the kind offer - PM sent.

Linuxman; Yes, I like Ingrams - didn't realise it contained lanolin though! :D

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Firstly, you should give Wool Fat a go at least, because it's the kind of product you may end up loving, or maybe not. It's definitely easy on the skin. Secondly, +1 on the Godrej cream (which I sampled thanks to FactorMax), which impressed me a good deal. And finally, by coincidence our lass will be in Brid one day next week - should I get her to bring you a bucket of soft water? ;)

I also live in an area with hard water, and MWF's performance is not what I was exactly expecting.

Nonetheless it is a fine soap, and if you have the ability at some stage, you should give it a chance.

Back
Top Bottom