Musical Embarrassments/Guilty Pleasures

This post is brought to you by way of me & SWMBO looking through the CD collection that we have jointly amassed and finding some things within it (ok quite a lot of things) that we can't believe that the other spent actual money on....

Mine (that she can't believe):
John Denver - I grew up with JD playing pretty much full time in my parents' house :oops:
Snow Patrol - I can't explain this
Carl Nielsen (complete works) - En fantasirejse til Faerøene is possibly my favourite piece of music ever
Motorhead - oh those far off days of headbanging :?
Proclaimers - even though I'm not Scottish and don't vote SNP :lol:
Liam O'Maoinlai - the Parting Glass - this is getting played at my funeral and everyone gets a glass.
Gráinne Hambly - Traditional Irish harp music

Hers:
Simply Red (ffs - is there ever a justification)
Bros :shock:
Loads of shite musical soundtracks.... (I mean loads - 20+)

So - we're both embarrassed for each other... show yourselves and make us feel better (or worse) :lol:

hunnymonster said:
Carl Nielsen (complete works) - En fantasirejse til Faerøene is possibly my favourite piece of music ever

What is your missus's reason for objecting to Nielsen? Not too familiar with his work myself. Rather overblown Romantic music with a Scandinavian slant? Not really to my taste, but I do like what I've heard of Sibelius (not loads) and so am listening to his 5th Symphony at the mo on Spotify.

hunnymonster said:
New guilty pleasure... The Toxic Airborne Event - I suspect they'll be a one album flash in the pan though.

I heard them a while back on Radio 2. Sounded pretty good. Unfortunately few bands with such quirky names ever make it. I've just stuck them on Spotify. For some reason as I listen to track 1 I'm thinking of Del Amitri...

Well I heard "Sometime around midnight" a few weeks back, didn't make the effort to listen to who they were (OK - my incessantly chatty son was there and I missed it...) - it was on today again and I heard it but didn't believe what I heard so mailed the radio station for the playlist... so I sampled some online before ordering up the CD.

Back
Top Bottom