Music Player

My older boy has a CD/Tape/Radio in his room that he uses to listen to stories as he falls asleep. He only uses the CD bit but unfortunately that part of it has broken and I'm looking to replace the unit. I was wondering if the replacement could be a little simpler and take up less space. I plan to transfer his CDs to MP3 and my first thought was a simple MP3 player and speakers. Another option would be if there was a small speaker system that would accept a memory card or stick with the files on. I am sure there is some amazing stuff over £200 but I was hoping for around £50 if not less. :? Anyone got any ideas?

thats a good question..so your son has an "old school" mp3 player n speakers?..try getting a refurbished ipod..move those songs to it..then get an ihome system

B

best bet will be an ipod and speaker dock/charger

can get the ipods fairly cheap these days second hand and the docks can be anything from £5 upwards

for example http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/mp4/ipod-nano-3rd-gen-ad296 (I have the 4th gen, the wife has 5th gen watch what dock you get matches the generation nano you have)

and for a dock

http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/ipod/memorex-mini-move-ipod-dock-in-black-boxed-wn1284

There are other places out there like the bay, gumtree, ad trader or if you if you want new, most electrical stores (cash generator do give 6 month garentee on second hand which is a bonus)

I don't use a dock instead I have
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...0&searchstring=X-Mi+X+Mini+II&urlrefer=search

Because I can take it away with me but DOES need charging

He's still quite young isn't he?

The system you initially had sounds spot on to me. My 8 year old daughter has just that kind of CD/Stereo set up you described and likes to put her audio books on and listen to them, as far as simplicity goes its great on and its not huge. So my suggestion is you save yourself the bother of ripping cd's and replace like for like on a cheap and cheerful basis, not least because my experience of children is that they have great abilities to break stuff.

Argos have an offer on this which has the added advantage of being able to tell him that he can't get up until a certain hour

Jeltz said:
He's still quite young isn't he?

The system you initially had sounds spot on to me. My 8 year old daughter has just that kind of CD/Stereo set up you described and likes to put her audio books on and listen to them, as far as simplicity goes its great on and its not huge. So my suggestion is you save yourself the bother of ripping cd's and replace like for like on a cheap and cheerful basis, not least because my experience of children is that they have great abilities to break stuff.

Argos have an offer on this which has the added advantage of being able to tell him that he can't get up until a certain hour

Best answer yet. You have talked sense in to me. I think it was the gadget freak in me coming out but this clock radio looks perfect. Only trouble is it's such a bargain that Argos have sold out both online and in our local stores. :roll: I shall search further on this tack. Thanks to all the others too! :? :D

Evvaa said:
they have 2 left in one of my localish stores, have reserved one, can go grab it and post it onto you if you want?

A massive thank you to Alan for reserving, picking up and posting these machines to me. Just received today. What a star!!! :p :p :p

Back
Top Bottom