Musgo Real Cologne

Hi there,

If you have any of the 3 please share your experiences as far as:

Packaging:

Longevity Of Scent:

Scent:

Burn/Bite:

I'm more interested in last 3 categories. I know this is subjective as everyone has different expectations and preferences for that matter.

The AS and Colognes at my disposal to give you general idea of what I like are:

Pinaud AS lotion, Clubman Musk/Jeris Musk, Pinaud Virgin Island Bayrum, Pinaud Citrus Musk, Lilac Vegetal, Ogallala Bayrum, Superior 70 both menthol & Bayrum, Benjamins Bayrum/Menthol, Constanza Bayrum, McLas Bayrum, Cool Water, Polo Crest

I know it's easier to just say "get em all" to save grief of wondering bout how good others are should I end up with one of colognes. Thanks

Just re-visited it this morning. Musgo #1 Orange Amber.

I sampled this from the decant club <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.closeshave.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.closeshave.org.uk/</a><!-- m --> and soon after purchased a bottle.
I really like it and was planning on doing a review, but never got round to it. Plus I am rubbish at describing scents.

The packaging is pretty plain. Just a small glass bottle, with an old fashioned label on. It has a little splash nozzle so that you don't end up pouring it all over your hands.

The scent is initially warm orange citrus. I have been put off citrus scents recently after reading a review of another cologne which described the scent as 'hand sanitiser'. No such associations with this one however. It's just a nice orange smell.
It quickly disapates though into more of a soapy scent. One scent tends to remind me of another, and this to me reminds me of Brylcreem. It's a sort of soapy, talc, just washed fresh and clean smell. My wife and daughter don't like it very much, but I don't look too much into that as I suspect that the had pre-judged before sniffing. Plus I'm not really bothered what they think. If I was taking my wife out on a date I would be more likely to wear a cologne that pleased her.

It all fades quite quickly during the day and for this reason I tend to splash on more. Practically no silage. It wont waft into the room before you, and wont hang around after you've left. It's a very personal scent, and for that reason it's more of a daily use cologne as it wont get you noticed on a night out.

That's about it really, can't comment on the burn because I have not splashed it on my face after a shave.

EDIT: I'm going through a Bay Rum phase at the moment, and the Musgo is a nice light change from that. I just noticed from the OP that you have Benjamins mentholated. How do you find that?

Musgo Real No.3

Packaging: can't help you there, it was a decant.
Longevity: average
Scent: spicy citrus, rather "warm" and "autumnal". Make of that what you will, I can't describe scents for toffee; suffice to say that it's definitely among my preferred colognes.
Burn: none, but I don't use it on my face...

Thank you Gentlemen! Really appreciate the feedback!

Stevie,

Benjamin's Bayrum Menthol 250mL 8 FL oz

Ingredients:
Alcohol 50% alc/vol, Water, Bay Oil,
Methol, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Blue#1

Packaging:
Plain plastic bottle

Burn/Bite:
Very potent. It stings for few seconds unlike it's non-mentholated counterpart.

Moisturising:
I don't ever recall it having any moisturizing properties.

Scent:
Effervescent. It's not lingering. Very subdued. It's not like Pinaud aftershave lotion where it last throughout the day with few amount of application.

Overall:
For it's size it's great value. I like this a lot. If paired with another metholated product like Osage rub, it leaves your face cooler than it normally would. With regular Bayrum only difference is lack of menthol.

Andy,

By average does it last few hours or throughout the day at least or is it couple hours at best ( if at all ) with a quick spritz? I wanted to narrow down between the 3 colognes seeing as Orange doesn't last as long as Stevie mentioned. Thanks again

SiR-ed8 said:
Overall:
For it's size it's great value. I like this a lot. If paired with another metholated product like Osage rub, it leaves your face cooler than it normally would. With regular Bayrum only difference is lack of menthol.

Thanks Ivan. Good enough for me. It's now on my hit list.

Back
Top Bottom