Mug lathering

I bought an Old Spice shaving mug at a charity shop and have been experimenting with it.

Normally I face lather: rubbing the Tabac stick or smearing a fingerload of Henk's cream all over my well-wetted chops, then brushing up and adding water slowly and sparingly via the brush until the desired consistency is achieved.

But this mug thing . . . hmm.

I dropped my puck of Cade into the mug, soaked my brush for a minute or two, then "dumped' the excess water with a single shake.

Swirled the wet brush onto the soap (well, chased it round the bottom of the mug) and built my lather.

But it was a lot wetter and thinner than my face lather; having said that maybe I've been using too much soap and/or making my lather too thick and stiff.

Anyway the shave was good but I'm looking for tips and hints with the mug thing.

Cheers

Ollie

Still face lathering really Rev, I do the same. Load the brush from the soap in the bowl or mug/container and then build the lather on my face adding water if needed.

I think bowl lathering is if you was to then build the lather in a separate bowl adding water after you’ve loaded the brush from your soap in the mug.

Yeah...the mug is just a soap holder really, it would help with loading the brush if you could stop the soap moving around.

Back
Top Bottom