Morning from windy Colorado

Good morning, all. Leaves are flying everywhere here this morning, but blue skies.

Poked around this site as part of a Fido brush purchase and liked the forum and the lingo (I will need a handy UK slang translator). Wet shaver for a couple of years, always twiddling with my gear (aren't we all?).

Glad to check in say hello. Paul in Colorado :D

Welcome Paul: Fido encouraged me to visit and join in to TSR as well. Bought my first Badger from him ... and the second one. I was a little apprehensive by joining on to TSR, a British one a that, but that's all OBE because the friendships, rambles, debate, trading items, soaps, cream, purchases etc. Very nice. Hospitality is at its best. If you're living on the edge, you're taking up space ... jump in and have some fun. Remember, this is England so they have Blade Lords, Brush Lords and Alchemists running about. Again, until you get into the swing of things and meet some mates on your own, if I can help let me know since I'm not all that far from "Color Red". R/

Robert Otten
Silverdale, Washington

Well thanks mates for the warm welcomes, for I feel right at home already. Looks like the slang tends towards the randy side which is fine by me. Think I'll get a Morland Old Speckled Hen from the fridge and turn on tonight's match.

Cheers,

Paul in Colorado

Hi Paul

Welcome. I recall my early visits to New York where my daughter moved to over 20 years ago. It was quite a shock. People were overwhelmingly warm, open and friendly. Sometimes too quickly for a stuffy old English snob who likes to ease his way into a relationship. I embraced it quite quickly and have great empathy now with my daughters family and friends - she's now moved to Dallas - a bit further for us to travel!

We do live in different cultures, and sometimes it can cause problems on internet forums where humour and banter can misinterpreted. It's great to have you here and I hope you enjoy our forum.

Hello.

Colorado. Always reminds me of my Dad's John Denver albums.

I guess he'd rather be in Colorado.
He'd rather spend his time out where the sky looks like a pearl after the rain.

Welcome.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom