Moon

I think our well-endowed friend is talking about this:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moon-DVD-Sam-Rockwell/dp/B002KCO6QA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1268605450&sr=1-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moon-DVD-Sam-Ro ... 450&sr=1-1</a><!-- m -->

I'll look out for it next time I'm down the video shop as it sounds like my kind of film. Thanks for the recommendation.

That's the one. Sam Rockwell gives a great performance. It's a thought provoking, emotionally harrowing film that compares with Silent Running. At 90 minutes there's no flab, it's just great story-telling, good acting, intriguing, brilliant.

Even the girlies might like it.

cheese_dave said:
That's the one. Sam Rockwell gives a great performance. It's a thought provoking, emotionally harrowing film that compares with Silent Running. At 90 minutes there's no flab, it's just great story-telling, good acting, intriguing, brilliant.

Even the girlies might like it.

Silent Running eh? Is that the one about the Jamaican bob-sled team that tries for The Olympics?

Thanks have forgotten about that.
Always difficult to find something that me and the missus both like!

The last one we saw was District 9 - which was very different from what I was expecting. I didn't think she'd like it at all. In the end we watched it again the next night :eek: :eek:

Hmmm I didn't rate District 9 actually. I thought they set it up with a great vehicle to deliver an unusual story, and then just delivered an ordinary story that was fairly predictable.

And SWMBO fell asleep half-way through it.

Thanks for this I've added it to my Lovefilm list.

May I also recommend "This Is England" - a fantastic film, very powerful.

It made me hate the far right even more and yet also gave me some understanding (sympathy?) with where they are coming from (i.e. we used to have a white working class and now we have a white under-class and hard-working immigrants - all those second generation Asians who are doctors and lawyers.)

But the main character is played by an amazing child actor and the whole thing is profoundly moving.

Rev-O said:
I picked up a copy of this for £3 from HMV in Cambridge. Will give it a watch. Was pleased to see Moon there at £8 :p

Come on, get behind another British Director.

cheese_dave said:
Rev-O said:
I picked up a copy of this for £3 from HMV in Cambridge. Will give it a watch. Was pleased to see Moon there at £8 :p

Come on, get behind another British Director.

I work for HMV but in a Fopp store (I'd worked for Fopp for years before it went under and HMV bought some over). If you like those prices then you should go into Fopp in Cambridge. If I'm correct it's on Sidney Street. You'll find it's like having HMV sale prices all year round.

Based on the recommendations of the fine chaps here I bought a copy and sat down last night to watch it. I have to agree it's very watchable. Unfortunately 'er indoors had been at the pub with a few of her workmates for a 40th birthday and came in halfway through, talking like a washing machine. I'll have to watch it again when she's sober, that way I'll get to hear it all

Back
Top Bottom