Mongoose suspending international orders

It seems to me that virtually every carrier in the world with one exception is giving more access to package tracking data... That exception is Royal Mail Group. Even Zimpost give better tracking data! and they only just introduced IT into the postal system last year.
Sounds about par for the course. You'd think that they'd have the nous to realise that the internet means that people in the UK now have the ability to shop almost anywhere in the world, and gear up to service that.

ROTFL - as if. It shouldn't be beyond the wit of man (or the Royal Mail Group) to offer a properly tracked system - fit the labels for signed for with an RFID tag and then they can scan everything every time it moves through the doors of a sorting office without having to unpack it all or treat it differently (it could remain the same for the delivery leg for smaller delivery offices)

Ok guys, I read both of these during the thread, but wasn't sure if a difinitive answer was included. So we wont really know whats happening untill someone tries to buy one and tells us the outcome!

I've posted this a propos the Alumigoose 2, but it's slightly relevant here. It's a Mongoose response on Facebook to someone's question about buying that razor: -

Hi all - please send an email to "mongooseorders@gmail.com" to get in the list. We will be selling these through a few select online shops, not directly. Once we have stock for them to ship, they will contact you with ordering info. The shops we use ship overseas, so no worries.

So they're essentially passing their razors on to resellers to worry about international shipping? ........ That could add a few bob to the final price, unless they discount their resellers enough to keep them sweet :confused:
One way or another, it's pretty certain they're going to cost more, especially for those of us not in North America.

According to Facebook they'll no longer be selling direct to customers but all of their business will be going through Maggard Razors:

Greetings All - We are proud to announce our retail relationship with Maggard Razors. Thanks Brad and Casie for working with us to bring the Mongoose to one of the finest online and brick & mortar shave shops we know.

Currently just the stainless steel model is in stock, but as soon as the AlumiGoose is ready to roll, Maggard Razors will be carrying it as well. From this point forward, all purchase inquiries should be directed to Maggards as we will no longer be selling directly to our customers. We'll still be building the "interest list" for the AlumiGoose until it's in stock..

According to Facebook they'll no longer be selling direct to customers but all of their business will be going through Maggard Razors:

Greetings All - We are proud to announce our retail relationship with Maggard Razors. Thanks Brad and Casie for working with us to bring the Mongoose to one of the finest online and brick & mortar shave shops we know.

Currently just the stainless steel model is in stock, but as soon as the AlumiGoose is ready to roll, Maggard Razors will be carrying it as well. From this point forward, all purchase inquiries should be directed to Maggards as we will no longer be selling directly to our customers. We'll still be building the "interest list" for the AlumiGoose until it's in stock..

That makes sense. Honestly, I've never understood why all their business is via email and Facebook rather than just ordering on a website. But then again, they've sold a hell of a lot more razors than I have.

I'm 100% with you there Shane. I don't understand the Facebook business model either. I hate the idea of waiting lists and refuse to go on one - if an item's in stock I'll buy it, if it isn't I'll buy off of a BST (so long as it's not at a vastly increased price) or wait until it comes back into stock again.

Back
Top Bottom