Mongoose advice required!

I use the feather pro guard blades, nice and smooth and a good shave. I have the feather super, but havnt tried them yet. I have heard the kai captain mild are good, not tried them myself.

rolatruck said:
I use the feather pro guard blades, nice and smooth and a good shave. I have the feather super, but havnt tried them yet. I have heard the kai captain mild are good, not tried them myself.

If you are after smoothness and longevity then can I suggest the Kamisori. 24 blades in a pack and I get between 15 and 20 shaves from a single blade. Available in this country at £10 for a cassette of 24 and certainly a worthy competitor for Feather and Kai SE blades. Will also fit the Cobra and the Feather Artist Club.

I can highly recommend them, of course YMMV.

All the best

Jon

Ben88 said:
Mine arrived Tuesday with no fees to pay which was a nice surprise. Very pleased so far although I am yet to shave with it. Any popular recommendations on blades?

Kamisori - £9.99 for a cassette of 24. I routinely get between 15 and 20 excellent shaves per blade. Search for Yoi Kamisori for the retailer.

Jon

Thanks for the responses. I heard The Kai Captain's are great but I cannot find anywhere in the UK that stocks them? I know Connaught do the Titan Mild Pinks but I've heard plenty of iffy reviews on those?

Ben88 said:
Thanks for the responses. I heard The Kai Captain's are great but I cannot find anywhere in the UK that stocks them? I know Connaught do the Titan Mild Pinks but I've heard plenty of iffy reviews on those?

I've found the Titan Mild Pinks fine. Mild, not as sharp as a Feather Pro but if you prefer a milder razor these are a good blade.

Honestly. Save your money and give the Kamisori's a go. Kai blades come in at around £20 a cassette, 20 blades max. Kam's are £9.99 for 24 and are excellent. I rate them as at least the equal of the Kai blades. And, for me, superior to Feathers.

What a good site- I'd never come across them before. Thinking of trying the studded tool belt- if it's available in small size.:icon_razz:

Edit. They are £16 including tax and postage.

I've had some blades (Kai and Feather) from this eBay seller in Japan.

Japan-records

Prices are reasonable, and they arrive quite swiftly.

I'll add my vote to the Kamisori blades, though, and I too manage to get around 15 or more shaves from them.

Ferrum said:
I've had some blades (Kai and Feather) from this eBay seller in Japan.

Japan-records

Prices are reasonable, and they arrive quite swiftly.

I'll add my vote to the Kamisori blades, though, and I too manage to get around 15 or more shaves from them.

They don't seem to have the Kai Sharpblade at the moment.

Blades for Mongoose for me

1. Kamisori - good value, smooth, long lasting
2. Kai Sharpblade - good value, very sharp but only 6 shaves
3. Kai Captain - Longer lasting than the Sharpblade but not as smooth

None of the other Kai's that I have (Titan Mild etc) or Feathers approach that trio for smoothness and longevity.

Apologies for erroneous information re the cost of the Kamisori's - still good value though for 24 blades - that's a year's worth of shaves.

All the best guys,

Jon

jds said:
rolatruck said:

If you are after smoothness and longevity then can I suggest the Kamisori. 24 blades in a pack and I get between 15 and 20 shaves from a single blade. Available in this country at £10 for a cassette of 24 and certainly a worthy competitor for Feather and Kai SE blades. Will also fit the Cobra and the Feather Artist Club.

I can highly recommend them, of course YMMV.

All the best

Jon

Ben88 said:
Mine arrived Tuesday with no fees to pay which was a nice surprise. Very pleased so far although I am yet to shave with it. Any popular recommendations on blades?

Kamisori - £9.99 for a cassette of 24. I routinely get between 15 and 20 excellent shaves per blade. Search for Yoi Kamisori for the retailer.

Jon

Do you have a link for those kamisori blades Jon?

Ignore that! I've just seen a link above. My iPhone wasn't updated!

First shave with the Mongoose and the Feather Pro's today. Blade is great, sharp, smooth and the first shave on a new blade isn't harsh like some.

One thing to note, I did find my mirror polish head a touch 'grabby' on the skin. However, as I got used to the angle it didn't seem to bog down as much. I'll see how the next few shaves go.

Back
Top Bottom