Moneyshaving expert*

My face gets quite dry post shave and I always use a post shave lotion.

I've touched on this before, I've been experimenting with making my own post shave creams, started with a scentless base and adding 3-5% of essential oils scent mixes (plenty to choose from on eBay) can give a really well scented post shave cream, for a fraction of the price of some of the post shave creams out there.

Initially I tried E45 Moisturising Lotion, pro's, quite thin lotion, relatively quickly absorbed, great reviews, cons, I found it did leave my skin quite greasy.

Then I tried Lidl Cein Sensitive Skin Body Moisturising Lotion, pro's, very inexpensive compared to E45 and other branded non scented creams, cons, not quickly absorbed, I find the lotion sits on my face for 2-3 minutes before becoming completely absorbed. This lotion does leave my skin feeling hydrated and almost grease free, for this reason alone this is my go to post shave product.

I've not experimented with many other fragrance free bases so this is not an exhaustive test however I have tried a few dedicated post shave moisturises, some with quite exotic additives, and I can't tell the difference.

*I'm not an expert, it just sounded good for a title.

I've touched on this before, I've been experimenting with making my own post shave creams, started with a scentless base and adding 3-5% of essential oils scent mixes (plenty to choose from on eBay) can give a really well scented post shave cream, for a fraction of the price of some of the post shave creams out there.

Initially I tried E45 Moisturising Lotion, pro's, quite thin lotion, relatively quickly absorbed, great reviews, cons, I found it did leave my skin quite greasy.

Then I tried Lidl Cein Sensitive Skin Body Moisturising Lotion, pro's, very inexpensive compared to E45 and other branded non scented creams, cons, not quickly absorbed, I find the lotion sits on my face for 2-3 minutes before becoming completely absorbed. This lotion does leave my skin feeling hydrated and almost grease free, for this reason alone this is my go to post shave product.

I've not experimented with many other fragrance free bases so this is not an exhaustive test however I have tried a few dedicated post shave moisturises, some with quite exotic additives, and I can't tell the difference.

Just a tip. Any stay on product 1% maximu

I really don’t get on with creams or balms post shave. I find they make my skin puffy and irritated.

I prefer a splash which tightens my skin after a shave and I use balms before I go to sleep.

Tabac and Old Spice splashes do it for me.

I also made my own,
E45, Castor Oil, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, & Aloe Vera.
i made another one the exact same but added tea tree,
Both were fantastic,
I had them at the same consistency as Nivea.

Back
Top Bottom