Molton Brown Ultracalm Lemonleaf Shavewax

[attachment=0]Here is the MB spiel
"Experience a fresh concept in shaving. The new preparation from Molton Brown offers a modern solution to male shaving irritation: a smooth cream-wax that delivers a close shaving experience, deep cleansing with an ultra calm finish, perfect for those with skin sensitivity. Lemon leaf oil, shea butter and vitamin E give great razor glide, protect the skin and leave the face hydrated, soft, nourished and comfortable. Delivers a close shaving experience with deep cleansing with a calming finish. Leaves face hydrated and comfortable.

How To Use: Splash the face with warm water, apply generously and massage across the skin with moist fingertips. Shave and rinse off with warm water. Key Ingredients: Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol , Beeswax, Shea Butter, Peg-16 Macadamia Glycerides, Glyceryl Caprylate, Lemon Oil, Sunflower Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance."

This was bought for me from TK Maxx for £6. Retails for I think £18. With a fair bit of trepidation I followed the instructions after a shower and washing my face with MB soap, my usual routine. It was not good, definitely not good. I could not finish the first pass. It was a new red Personna blade, so no issues there. The product leaves a residue very similar to tallow, so I lathered up using Prorasso cream and......REVALATION! I have never experienced anyting like it. For all you tallow lovers, it was like a heavy layer of tallow below the lather, stayed for a further 2 passes. Clogged my razor a bit, but rinsed easily in running water. The product has a cleaning element and the user is advised to apply a hot cloth, post shave, I think this is to remove the wax. Shaving cream? no. A shaving accompanier(?)/pre shave? Without a doubt this was extraordinary. Afterwards my face was soft, comfortable, clean and as smooth as I have ever managed. A thin layer will work for a 3 pass shave, for £6, go for it.

ATG
'Fraid not! I actually done 2 XTG after initial WTG, was....almost ATG :oops: Smoothest my neck has been without going ATG and the resultant neck like an Ebola victim.

Back
Top Bottom