Molton Brown Moisture-Rich Aloe & Karité Ultrabar

[attachment=0]This is all I wash my face with, prior to shaving and last thing at night. I have used it for about 3-4 years now. The shop assistant recommends you half the bar and wash with one half and use the other half as a shave soap. As a pre-shave product and for washing your face it is unbeatable. The face is never dried out and feels moisturised and the beard is very well softened. As a shaving soap? No! Simply couldn't make a thick enough lather, perhaps my fault, technique wrong. I have read that a lot of the brethern have problems with Mitchell WF. I have never tried WF soap, so it may be my fault. The soap retails for about £12. That is expensive, but if you only wash your face, in my case twice a day, it will last for about 14-18 months. I was unsure to post this here or in pre-shave. Shave soap? No! Pre-shaving soap? Definitely. A British product we should support. I will endeavour to get a decent shave lather for it and review again.

Just discovered today that Karité is French for Shea Butter. Or so it seems from reading a packet in The Body Shop. Sorry if that's old news, but thought it may be of interest to somebody!

Pig Cat said:
Just discovered today that Karité is French for Shea Butter. Or so it seems from reading a packet in The Body Shop. Sorry if that's old news, but thought it may be of interest to somebody!

I thought it would help me see in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom