Mitchell’s Wool Fat

HWF is definitely squishy enough to reshape. I imagine MWF probably is?
Yeah true
i have the three HWF soaps and an absolute bargain.

i’m just thinking if you grated the MWF down then with wet hands then mould be easier to re shape.
Once i have an bit of free time i think i’ll give it a go

Last edited:
That's a block of lard you are using, does it come in a white wrapper and the same shape as butter.
Easy mistake to make.

Seriously though, despite the EO scents, there is a distinct and off-putting cooking fat smell. I’ll give it another try but I found it ok to decent for performance, nothing to write home about. Signature soap on the other hand…

Seriously though, despite the EO scents, there is a distinct and off-putting cooking fat smell. I’ll give it another try but I found it ok to decent for performance, nothing to write home about. Signature soap on the other hand…

What does rancid lanolin smell like? Could that be the cooking fat smell.
Have to say that would definitely put me off as well.
I made soap years ago that was great at cleaning and that had a faint, as you say cooking fat smell.
I left it in the cupboard to see if it would cure, nope still smelled and went in the bucket.

As a shaving soap it's very good but the scent leaves me wishing I went for something else everytime.
Then do what I do and super-lather. I first load up on the puck of MWF using it as a base, then dip or swirl my brush in a tub of cream with the scent of my choice. The great thing about MWF scent is that it is pretty much unscented and can be superlathered as a soap base year round with any cream, any season of the year.

Never thought of this. I’m having a proper go with some Trumper’s Violet. Thanks Mr P.