Mince Pies

Should these be available all year round?

I think 'yes' because I love them. The nearest year-round equivalent available locally is the infamous flies graveyard (that's fruit squares to the uninitiated)

PaulH said:
Should these be available all year round?

I think 'yes' because I love them. The nearest year-round equivalent available locally is the infamous flies graveyard (that's fruit squares to the uninitiated)

No, because I will be a ugly, fat bloke instead of just an a ugly bloke!

Mince Pies and custard ...mmmmmm

Almost every paper's featured chef has taken a fancy to morrisons £1.19 Mince pies and rated them as the best. For example, Observer food monthly, Times etc. Shame we haven't got one nearby.

small confession: I never ate them until 3-4 years ago when I found out they were infact not mince meat but just some sweet fruity stuff as the filling.

I too am a mince pie addict. Mince pies all year round , would be a bad idea , I'd have to join something like AA (but for Mince pie's )
Agreed, mince pies and custard are delicious. I'm having some this weekend

I dont mind the things.
My mum is buying the puff pastry mince pies at the moment though.
The other year i got through loads though, when i went for one id bang it in the microwave to warm it up. Lovely.
This year i cant stand the things though.

Remember to remove the foil from the mince pie before you put it in the microwave.
Also, dont put a cereal bar in its wrapper in the microwave. It sparks. But it will unwrap itself ;) (my excuse is i was half asleep. As for the mince pie one, i wasnt paying attention :oops: ) :lol:

I like mince pies but usually make the mistake of bingeing out on them early in December then getting bored of the things. Come Christmas Day I can't stand the sight of them. This year I haven't had any yet and we're making some on Monday, so I should be OK!

Whilst helping the other half make mince pies this year, I noticed the BBE date on jars of mince-meat is rather long... if you picked up enough now it's on sale, and could convince respective partners to bake regularly it could easily be done!

Back
Top Bottom