Mid shave oil

Hi I know this is pr-shave thread but just thought I'd share, where I've reached on the catch up learning curve

Gem stainless PTFE coated blade
Arko soap
Vulfix 404 ‘Grosvenor'
Home blend oil
Witch Hazel
Alum block
Home blend oil
Home blend Taylors Sandalwood AS

SOTD24thJan.jpg

this is after I'd finished, so shows how long the lather lasts

I'd pif'd KenTM a couple of Gem SE blades and slices of Arko, and having a couple of Arko slivers, after packing, used them up in my “soup” bowl. I don't have the wrapper as I sent it down with the blades
Washed face with Mysore Sandal Soap soap linky Not from here but from our local (next town) Indian supermarket at £1, where I noticed the Arko soap, also at £1 so gave it a go, super creamy lather, shaved down, rinsing razor at each pass, re-lathered, shaved up, rinsing razor at every other pass, hot flannelled face, 5 or 6 drops of my oil mix, oil rubbed into fingers rubbed onto face,
25ml Sweet Almond oil, 25ml Jojoba oil, 25ml Grape seed oil with x2 drops Sandalwood, Cederwood, Ylang Ylang and Patchouli with x10 drops of Vetiver. Mixed and stored in glass bottle decanted into small squeeze plastic bottle to use.(for me this gives the razor plenty of slip/glide)

SOTDOil.jpg

shaved diagonal holding face taught (which seems easier than it being hidden under a third lathering of foam) wiped face with cotton ball soaked in Witch Hazel, rubbed face with Alum block, wiped with flannel, rubbed 5 or 6 drops of oil mix onto fingers then onto face (this time to act as a moisturizer) applied Aftershave which is 5ml. of Taylors Sandal Wood decanted into a small glass bottle plus 5 drops of Vetiver essential oil as this is the only one I've got to play with at the moment but this looks interesting
Perfumers Alcohol
cheers all Danny

Back
Top Bottom