Merkur 42c SOTD 17/05/2011

First time out with this 1904 Gillette look'a'like from Merkur.(bought from 'AdamSmith', thankyou mister)
7o'clock yell
Arko soap lathered in bowl

I wouldnt want my razors anymore aggressive than this, It gave me a very good finish with two passes and no nicks. I think it has about the same bite as my SS Flaretip (bought from timbomongoose slick) and in use is about as noisey.
The razor is a nice weighty beast, its decorated hex section handle sits nicely between your finger tips and in your palm, you cant do the 'twisty' thing (hook manover) with this one as easy as you can with a tech, saying that I dont think I would want to mess around with too many passes at this aggression. I notice that the blade seems to be arched up slighty more under the cap iron than in a tech, I think this was a characteristic of those early gillettes.
Yup, I like this razor and will be using it regularly.
Im getting a little razor collection going here, 'slick' said I would when I joined this fab forum.

Re: Lakes Cakes make you sore

Merkur 42c
Gillette 7o'yell
arko soap (MacDonalds toilet flavour)
tepid water
all good

After a week of using this razor I can only report good shaves bar one. I was in the Lakes on Friday and came back windswept and beaten by the rain, I shaved awhile after getting in and felt sore afterwards under my chin.
I do wonder if those large portions of Carrot Cake at the Bluebird Cafe have given me an extra chin,,,,,,,,mmmmm carrot cake
[attachment=0]

Attachments

• lakes_cakes.jpg
    lakes_cakes.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 52
Re: Merkur 42c SOTD 03/06/2011

Merkur again this morning finishing off with a tech
Nivea mild s cream
7 o'yell
warm water this morning, I have been using cold water for awhile now and thought I'd give warm a go,,,,mmmm nice.
Nice shave for a nice day :D

Back
Top Bottom