Merkur 39c Slant

antdad said:
hando said:
i had the 37C but sold it, we didn't get along :roll:

i've read the science behind the theory of these things but i think it's bollocks :lol:

I agree, the odd thing about the slant is that the curve of the blade vary's along it's complete length so if the theory is correct the slant is effective over less than half the width of the razor.

Tony, Have you tried one ?

Yes...but I just thought it was odd to use , the blade edges being at different heights, the flat faced head, just not for me but if you like it you like it.

The principle of using an angled blade for more efficient cutting is fine, I'm not convinced it really works on a slant, as I said it's only properly angled and slanted along half of the blade.

Probably the best description of a Slant razor that I have read, was from one of the older chaps over on SMF. It was something like:

"The slant is an ingenious solution to a non-existant problem" :lol:

I use mine because I like the fact that it works slightly differently from my ther razors. It's the most quiet razor that I have used, especially when loaded with a Feather blade, and it doesn't seems to tug at any hair, it just seems to glide through them.

Resulting shaves seem no worse nor better than with any other DE razor, so it stays as one of my 'flock' for now.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom