Merkur 11c

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
I was thinking about buying one but is the head the same as the Mühle R41?

Paul, given your intimate knowledge of these razors and the crossover they have, can you put together a little something that Boab can sticky?

Boab said:
I was thinking about buying one but is the head the same as the Mühle R41?

Like you, Boab, I'm fond of OC razors. I have both the 11c and the R41 but the Muhle provides me with a much superior shave; perhaps it is the weight balance? I haven't actually weighed them - someone will have - but the Muhle feels to be far better balanced and finished. For me the R41 is the gold standard by which all other razors/shaves are measured.

I like the 11C and I think it is good; would I recommend it? Yes.
UPDATE: I am fond of Merkur blades in the 11C, they just provide THE ideal combination for me although they are not to everyones liking.

I have a hankering to try the 15C. OC, German, nice and light. Anyone tried that one?

antdad said:
Paul, given your intimate knowledge of these razors and the crossover they have, can you put together a little something that Boab can sticky?

I have just posted something to explain the different heads. Some of the info is just my opinion so not a definitive razor head guide by any means.

Back
Top Bottom