Merkur 11c

Has anyone got one of these razors because i keep looking at them and cant decide whether to get one or not :s.

Please volunteer any information as to how it shaves in comparison to its brother the 34c or even a 2011 r41 but if its just like the r41 i wont bother.

RobTheWire said:
Has anyone got one of these razors because i keep looking at them and cant decide whether to get one or not :s.

Please volunteer any information as to how it shaves in comparison to its brother the 34c or even a 2011 r41 but if its just like the r41 i wont bother.

Hey up Robert
I shouldn't tell you this seen as you palmed me off with that R41 which i've managed to tame:icon_smile:. I use a merkur 11c now and then and if you want a comparison to a r41 then its a tech compared to a futur on a high setting. You will have no trouble at all with a 11c very much similar to its mate the 34c hd.

press said:
Hey up Robert
I shouldn't tell you this seen as you palmed me off with that R41 which i've managed to tame:icon_smile:. I use a merkur 11c now and then and if you want a comparison to a r41 then its a tech compared to a futur on a high setting. You will have no trouble at all with a 11c very much similar to its mate the 34c hd.

Palmed you off, i remember it well holding my gun at your temple :icon_redface:

Well i had a pm telling me there ok and i had an itchy buying finger anyway so i had already pulled the trigger.

I had a futur and thought it was too wild for me so i bayed it but if its like as you say its gonna be good :), got some feathers to go with it!

I occasionally use the 25c which is the long handled version of the 11c, but is actually lighter in weight.

It is not aggressive in any way, and in fact I find it mild. The razor gives smooth close shaves especially with Feathers and Gillette Superthins.

Tim B said:
I occasionally use the 25c which is the long handled version of the 11c, but is actually lighter in weight.

It is not aggressive in any way, and in fact I find it mild. The razor gives smooth close shaves especially with Feathers and Gillette Superthins.

Why is the head different to the 34c hd? i would have thought it would be the same but there different, the shave is not as aggressive as the 34hd, don't get it.

Closed comb razors usually have different heads compared to open combs to give some space above and below the blade. With an open comb razor there won't usually be any space above or below the blade, apart from between the teeth.

Although open comb razors are thought to be more aggressive, the Merkur ones aren't, but opinion suggests the Muhle R41 is aggressive. If the comb was closed but with the same style head as an OC, the Murker razor would be very mild. So it could be that the balance has been achieved between a no gap closed comb mildness, and open comb aggression with the Merkur OCs. I find my Edwin Jagger razor more aggressive and that's a closed comb razor.

Back
Top Bottom