Mergress on the bay

Father Ted said:
Yes, but I cant quite believe I bid what I paid for an entire iKon a year or so back.

As I left for work I was still the highest bidder - Im sort of hoping someone outbids me (and as the last one went for $70 there is a good chance). As I have this handle off Kev (OK, not acid etched with a logo, but comparable in size and weight to the iKon one and made of SS too) then its not quite so urgent that I get another handle any time soon.

Nice to see the iKons holding their value too :roll: I bid on the whole one on the bay too, but that is going through the stratosphere again.

Got RAD again at the mo and need my fill of Tech's! One in every port, the house (upstairs and down) the caravan, work, the car (yes I have a wash kit in the car), the mistress, the mothers and so on....

I see it went for £35. £35! Was it to you or did you lose it at the last minute?

49er said:
Father Ted said:
Yes, but I cant quite believe I bid what I paid for an entire iKon a year or so back.

I see it went for £35. £35! Was it to you or did you lose it at the last minute?

Ummm, no it was me. I got in off the night shift and watched it end kind of praying someone would outbid me! Anyhoo it'll go very nicely on the newly plated 1935 (ish) Tech.
Gives me an excuse not to bid any more on that full iKon thats on there at the mo.
I also need some money for the drum kit Im bidding on too.

Father Ted said:
49er said:
Father Ted said:

Ummm, no it was me. I got in off the night shift and watched it end kind of praying someone would outbid me! Anyhoo it'll go very nicely on the newly plated 1935 (ish) Tech.
Gives me an excuse not to bid any more on that full iKon thats on there at the mo.
I also need some money for the drum kit Im bidding on too.

:D :D :D Gonna be hell in your house! Are you going to have a short handle or a less short one (to avoid the usual double entendres)?

49er said:
And the Mergress £62. Neither of them bad prices IMO.

I think the Mergress was a fair price considering the cost of buying it, shipping from the USA and import taxes.
Edit. The Mergress is still not finnished...........we will see........ ;) ;)

I think I was more shocked as to how much the iKon has gained in money over the last 12 months, I know what I paid for my O/C Bulldog one. But I guess the market will dictate as per usual......... :) :)

It finished at £75.55, so not to bad for a brand new one.it would cost you that for a new one from lee's if you managed to order one. Anyone on from here win?

missingskin said:
49er said:
And the Mergress £62. Neither of them bad prices IMO.

I think the Mergress was a fair price considering the cost of buying it, shipping from the USA and import taxes.
Edit. The Mergress is still not finnished...........we will see........ ;) ;)

I think I was more shocked as to how much the iKon has gained in money over the last 12 months, I know what I paid for my O/C Bulldog one. But I guess the market will dictate as per usual......... :) :)

If memory serves, the last two or three have reached getting on for 150. I bid one of them up to just shy of that before I gave up, and joined in the fight for another. So I think this price represents something of a return to sanity. This one was after all first offered with either a reserve or a buy it now (cant remember which) price of arou d 155 and there were no takers.

Sad for the seller but good news for buyers

Back
Top Bottom