Mergress....ok let me try a progress? **Sorted**

Re: Mergress?

Cheers Boys,

Maybe I go for a progress and see how things go, just would prefer the metal knob rather than the plastic one ;)

Can you buy a conversion kit?

pedro083 said:
nope only lees razors. In the USA

You do know its just a merkur progress with the plastic knob replaced with a metal one.

According to Lee,he actually recalibrated the adjustment scale as well,how much of that is true,I don't really know :?

Thejollyboys said:
Cheers Boys,

Maybe I go for a progress and see how things go, just would prefer the metal knob rather than the plastic one ;)

Can you buy a conversion kit?
No not that i know of to be honest it's not just the knob thats modified the calibration is ment to be sorted aswell but i couldnt tell the differance apart from the adjustment being allot smoother ;)

Having had a Mergress & a Progress apart from the substition of the endpiece & re calibration of the adjustment markings the only difference I noted was that the Mergress was just that bit smoother in the mechanism. To be honest, if you can pick up a Progress it will give you the same performance whilst shaving and you can decide then if you want to spend the extra when a Mergress comes along. Your progress shouldn't lose much value & can then be sold on if you don't require it anymore.

JohnnyO.

JohnnyO said:
Having had a Mergress & a Progress apart from the substition of the endpiece & re calibration of the adjustment markings the only difference I noted was that the Mergress was just that bit smoother in the mechanism. To be honest, if you can pick up a Progress it will give you the same performance whilst shaving and you can decide then if you want to spend the extra when a Mergress comes along. Your progress shouldn't lose much value & can then be sold on if you don't require it anymore.

JohnnyO.
This ;)

Re: Mergress....ok let me try a progress?

Hiya,

Can't say I've ever tried a Mergress (or Progress for that matter), but I do remember reading up on the Mergress version. If I'm not mistaken, there were some differences between the two razor models.

I think for a while there, Mer was doing custom dot colors. No idea if that option is available through Lee or not. Also, it sounded like the Mergress was somewhat heavier than the Progress. The action was supposed to be better tuned as well.

Now it's been a long time since I read those posts, but I think I'm being pretty acurrate. There's gotta be lots of info online about the Mergress to read through.

Hope that helps,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom