Men-U cheap!

Men-u Barbiere Brush £9
Shave Creme 100ml £10
Wash Bag £some

All this for just £8 and £1.95 postage!!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.asos.com/Menu/Men-U-Barbiere-Brush-Shave-Creme-100Ml-Wash-Bag-Save-650/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=855446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.asos.com/Menu/Men-U-Barbiere ... iid=855446</a><!-- m -->

I have this. Brush seems good for the price - but then I haven't used one for about 15 years! The creme gets good reviews and smells nice too. It's like "buy the creme - everything else free!"

This takes me back. This was one of the first creams I used. It doesnt lather. Was practically useless for my brillo pad beard. However, some folks may be ok with it. I remember buying the brush from boots and getting a sample of the cream with it. The brush is very very stiff and synthetic.

Hey sonny - noticed you changed your post. The brush - as your original post stated - is boar (they do a synthetic, but I've no idea what it's like - apart from pricey). Not bad for a starter, but I have my eyes on badger at the moment :D .

The cream does lather up well, but I need to use more than expected to get it really thick and luxurious. Nicestuff - but probably keep it for travel rather than home shaving.

Men-U brushes are Omega's.

The boars are normally 80265 or 80266.

The Premier brush is the Omega's synthetic Badger imitation bristle in the same 80266/80265 handle.

The Omega imitation bristle is the best option for a synthetic brush. The boars although stiff to start with will become much softer with use.

I've go the exact same brush but it is definately synthetic. I guess that one is different, even though in the picture it looks the same as the one I have.

My beard just won't shave with it but everyone's beard is different I guess and it seems to work for you.

The brushes do have the same handle - if you have the synthetic then it is likely the more costly of them.

Luckily for me the majority of my hair is on top of my head and not on my chin - so it may just be the weak beard that matches the brush.

With regards to lathering, there are too many factors, including water types - so different soaps get different results depending upon the ingredients.

I found it to be a decent starter brush.It performs similarly to the semogue that hando sent me, although it does shed a lot.The offer is down to £5 now so £6.95 delivered! can't be bad.

The Men-u brush in question was the first brush I ever had and it lathers ok but as Boab says it sheds........ a LOT! However I don't use it anymore. A few quid more gets you a Semogue or Omega or even a Vulfix 404 Bodger

Back
Top Bottom