MEN-U Brush from Boots

I pick up one of these the other day to put in my DE travel kit because it was the right height for my brush tube but when I got home the handle was too wide Doh!!! :oops:

It is a Boar hair brush made in Italy and should be good for soaps when I get on to using them.

So I gave it a go this evening,
it was not smelly and it has a plastic handle and comes with it's own drying stand, it had a nice soft but firm feel on the face it felt very familiar.
Then I twigged why!! The Turks use boar hair brushes in their barbers shops.
it made a good foam from palmolive cream even my badger has trouble with this stuff and as expected ( with being boar hair) it took a little more effort to produce good foam.
Its a good brush and cheap I reccomend it.

I had a "natural" Men-U brush which had a bad case of shedding hair, bit like myself! I emailed them complaining as it was losing approx 10 - 12 hairs a day. I got a very nice reply asking if I would oblige and send it to them and in return they would send me their synthetic version which was about £30 at the time. I thereafter used that for years with RSC cream which was ok but nothing like a "real" brush......

hunnymonster said:
A Simpson Wee Scot does... with room to spare :D

EJ Medium BBB fits diametrically, but is too tall for the tube I have... by about 10-12mm - a small might fit heightwise.

A pair of scissors will fix that in a jiffy... :lol:

Leaving the room, no coat required its hot already. :roll:

I think I'd prefer to slice 12mm off the base :roll:

Just measured the available clearance at 85mm - the official spec on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com</a><!-- m --> says the small is 86mm tall... so that doesn't work either (unless you luck out and get a deep set one).

The tube I have here is 85mm tall by 30mm available diameter - so brushmeisters can have something to work with for suggestions :)

Omega do a cheapo travel brush - the 21047. Comes with its own tube, but fits perfectly into the vintage chrome and bakelite travel tubes. It has a small faux-onyx handle and decent length bristles. I have one and it's a perfectly decent performer, rather than stellar.

Back
Top Bottom