Meltdown!

I have learned, to my cost, that not all soap pucks are the same size. I have a Trumper's sandalwood puck that nearly-but-not-quite fits into my existing wooden bowl. So i need to "reshape" my puck - but how do I do this? Microwave to a pourable liquid? Grate then microwave? Grate then press back onto shape? Buy a Trumper's shaving bowl? Any advice gratefully received.

Don't melt it, this type can't be melted. If it's too big to fit in, shave a bit off with a knife until it fits or grate it and squash it in. If too small, grate and squash to the shape of the bowl.

Sky Blue Peter said:
I have learned, to my cost, that not all soap pucks are the same size. I have a Trumper's sandalwood puck that nearly-but-not-quite fits into my existing wooden bowl. So i need to "reshape" my puck - but how do I do this? Microwave to a pourable liquid? Grate then microwave? Grate then press back onto shape? Buy a Trumper's shaving bowl? Any advice gratefully received.

shave it down a bit with a cheese grater to fit push shavings onto top of puck, or could grate whole puck then push all down into tub, do not microwave unless its a glycerine based soap like mama beas col conk van der hergan and such

I always cut my soaps in 1/4 pieces and put em in a small ziplock baggy...When I wanna use a quarter piece just put into my bowl n swirl around.. :mrgreen:

B

Back
Top Bottom