Maybe Treet have consolidated their lines?

Remember this?

So, check this out:

Notice that Treet are now listing only four double edge blades?

Treet Carbon - the 'Black Beauty' and original carbon steel blade
Treet Durasharp - the pinnacle carbon steel blade
Treet New Steel - which I noted shaved the same as what we know as the Classic
Treet Platinum - their pinnacle stainless blade

No mention of the plethora of other blades that used to be on their global website. That said, there's no reason that the likes of the Falcon & King or the Power Super & Tez Extra, which I thought were a domestic (to Pakistan) branding are not still made and retailed there - just curious that they all used to be shown at this website.

What we do get is some new detail on the blades that they do list with these handy infographics:

Treet-CS-Double-Edge-Blade.png

Treet-DURA-SHARP-1.png

Treet-New-Steel-Double-Edge-Blade-2.png

Treet-Platinum-SS-Double-Edge-Blade.png

... and no mention of the Trig. Which is no bad thing. Best forgotten, that one.

Last edited:
Remember this?

So, check this out:

Notice that Treet are now listing only four double edge blades?

Treet Carbon - the 'Black Beauty' and original carbon steel blade
Treet Durasharp - the pinnacle carbon steel blade
Treet New Steel - which I noted shaved the same as what we know as the Classic
Treet Platinum - their pinnacle stainless blade

No mention of the plethora of other blades that used to be on their global website. That said, there's no reason that the likes of the Falcon & King or the Power Super & Tez Extra, which I thought were a domestic (to Pakistan) branding are not still made and retailed there - just curious that they all used to be shown at this website.

What we do get is some new detail on the blades that they do list with these handy infographics:

Treet-CS-Double-Edge-Blade.png

Treet-DURA-SHARP-1.png

Treet-New-Steel-Double-Edge-Blade-2.png

Treet-Platinum-SS-Double-Edge-Blade.png

... and no mention of the Trig. Which is no bad thing. Best forgotten, that one.

Most important for me is that the carbon steel Dura-sharp is still going, despite previous rumours of its demise. The only Treet blade that I've actually enjoyed using. More often than not I use them for 1 or 2 night overnight stays, so they can just be (securely) binned without any guilt

I think it is very likely that they are the same blade and anyone finding a difference (including, yes ... me) is really just finding a difference with everything else in the shave - your face on the day, soap, brush, lather quality and technique. It is VERY likely the same blade and the plethora of names we've seen recently were a large marketing experiment.

The only one of these from the new brandings which has remainded is the New Steel, which itself was a slightly rebrand of the 'New' which in every respect looked like the Black Beauty from the outside but with a non-blued blade on the inside - even the blade markings were the same. I commented at the time that this appeared to be an attempt to establish a new standard for the legacy blade and that would appear to have borne out.

AL9nZEXpKMJlM_8gq14POheXyBt15lPT5DsrcSLcj7IfL4wZRj5NdF72Wkqs-J5ET-C2uwqmg-qJVLk4IUxL4I2lw6nTWqDIius-0H4YxVPvhdxgIEFZtf05zzVZjSfT2sZETW_QkYhNcm3y0JQJiDpd_ojggg=w800

The other major change is that the Trig appears to have been dropped. I absolutely DO NOT think the Trig could ever be thought of as the same blade as the Platinum! It was a standard stainless offering and different to the Platinum in the same way as the Durasharp is a very refined Classic. Great that they have retained the legacy Black Beauty (Kala) as that truly is a classic!

I think ...

Platinum = Platinum / 7 Days Platinum / TJAX
Durasharp = Durasharp (Yellow) / Durasharp (Blue)
New Steel = Classic / New / New Steel / New Edge / Falcon / Tez (Extra) / Power (Super) / Silver / Star Plus
Black Beauty = Black Beauty
Trig = Trig / Trim / King

So, three grades of carbon remain and one stainless offering.

Last edited:
@pjgh Thank you for the info sir.

I must say, I was very impressed with a thread you posted years back on another shaving forum. Something you did regarding 'double blind blade testing'. It was quite amazing how you were able to pick up on the slight nuances of those different blades.

Later when doing an internet search on Supermax blades, I ran across your 'Six weeks in supermax' which led me here and then your excellent writeup on Treets and House of Lords. Splendid work. (y)

I think it is very likely that they are the same blade and anyone finding a difference (including, yes ... me) is really just finding a difference with everything else in the shave - your face on the day, soap, brush, lather quality and technique. It is VERY likely the same blade and the plethora of names we've seen recently were a large marketing experiment.

The only one of these from the new brandings which has remainded is the New Steel, which itself was a slightly rebrand of the 'New' which in every respect looked like the Black Beauty from the outside but with a non-blued blade on the inside - even the blade markings were the same. I commented at the time that this appeared to be an attempt to establish a new standard for the legacy blade and that would appear to have borne out.

AL9nZEXpKMJlM_8gq14POheXyBt15lPT5DsrcSLcj7IfL4wZRj5NdF72Wkqs-J5ET-C2uwqmg-qJVLk4IUxL4I2lw6nTWqDIius-0H4YxVPvhdxgIEFZtf05zzVZjSfT2sZETW_QkYhNcm3y0JQJiDpd_ojggg=w800

The other major change is that the Trig appears to have been dropped. I absolutely DO NOT think the Trig could ever be thought of as the same blade as the Platinum! It was a standard stainless offering and different to the Platinum in the same way as the Durasharp is a very refined Classic. Great that they have retained the legacy Black Beauty (Kala) as that truly is a classic!

I think ...

Platinum = Platinum / 7 Days Platinum / TJAX
Durasharp = Durasharp (Yellow) / Durasharp (Blue)
New Steel = Classic / New / New Steel / New Edge / Falcon / Tez (Extra) / Power (Super) / Silver / Star Plus
Black Beauty = Black Beauty
Trig = Trig / Trim / King

So, three grades of carbon remain and one stainless offering.
I can't get Durasharp yellow. I saw them advertised, ordered, and received Durasharp blue.
If anyone is suffering withdrawal symptoms, I could part with 100 Treet Classic.

Back
Top Bottom