May 2020 Acquisitions

Which do you prefer from the 2 ?
It's too early to say. The fit and finish of the two is equally good, and both are very elegant in design. The Vector is obviously a bit slimmer, which makes it very agile, but the general is by no means a chunky beast (I'm looking at you, Mongoose) and I had no problems shaving the tricky area under my nose on my first use of the General. The fact the General is a little bit beefier might even be an advantage, in that it could stand up better than the Vector to accidental damage.
The General seemed very smooth and efficient with a fresh Schick Proline blade, but the shave wasn't quite as comforable and easy as with the Vector, or my ATT SE1. However, that's to be expected with a new razor and it might well equal the Vector after a while, or possibly even perform better, although that would take some doing.

In April I obtained a second-hand Gillette razor (no idea what model - cheap) which came with four Gillette blades. Not the best of razors, very light and the markings almost rubbed off. Just needs a clean - will try it as a challenge. The blades are interesting, no idea what vintage they are (probably 70s?) but seem to be in good shape judging by the paper test and no corrosion.