Martin De Candre

How have your dealings with them been? I'm trying to give them some money but so far communicating with them is like banging my head against a brick wall.
I'm after this, but it seems like it's all a bit too much effort.

a243c638.jpg

New site - http://www.savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/en/

Old site - http://www.shaving-soap.net

Don't take it personally, they're like that but I suspect they don't have what you want.

Right, I'm a fool, I've been looking on the old site. Thanks antdad, ah well, I'm not really interested in a screw top jar or a wooden bowl so that's the end of that.

They don't overdo the information do they?

Anyone any idea what this stuff is? I assume it's shaving soap, but what scent and quantity doesn't seem to be mentioned or perhaps I'm not too observant today.

http://www.savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/en/savon-a-raser/216-savon-a-raser-le-cannele.html

I've just posted the question (in French!) on their facebook page.

As much use as mud flaps on a tortoise Fido, it's not hard to put the necessary information on there, it's almost like they don't want you to buy from them.

Wookie said:
As much use as mud flaps on a tortoise Fido, it's not hard to put the necessary information on there, it's almost like they don't want you to buy from them.

It is odd isn't it? It makes me think of those shops you go to where the sales assistants are too busy chatting to notice you. You want to buy something but eventually end up walking out of the place. I seem to experience that quite often. Perhaps it's me? I'm not very big. :blush:

Fido said:
They don't overdo the information do they?

Anyone any idea what this stuff is? I assume it's shaving soap, but what scent and quantity doesn't seem to be mentioned or perhaps I'm not too observant today.

http://www.savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/en/savon-a-raser/216-savon-a-raser-le-cannele.html

I've just posted the question (in French!) on their facebook page.

That's just their standard "lavender" scented shaving soap Peter. 140 grams of it. If you change the language to French at the top the info appears. The bowl is named after a French cake due to the shape.

Le Canelé.

Mini_canneles_bordelais_zoom.jpg

Here's the Google translation of the info.

Shaving soap "The Fluted"

This limited edition is one to splurge! Creamy paste, fresh, rich mousse, delicate touch ....... Your shaving soap you remember the good times spent making the cake for Mom or Grandma, happy memories of a time when one is licking your fingers!

This limited edition is one to splurge!
Smooth paste, fresh, rich mousse, delicate touch .......
Your shaving soap you remember the good times spent making the cake for Mom or Grandma, happy memories of a time when you licked his fingers!

In creating a glass of La Rochere, 140 grams of paste shaving soap.
diameter: 9 cm / Height: 6 cm

* The Fluted: The spline is a specialty typically Bordeaux, very ancient in this region. This is a cake to the dress in the heart soft and caramelized, flavored with vanilla and a hint of rum.

Thanks. So if English. I get no info, just the title. So I get more info in French which I then get another website to translate.

Thanks for taking the trouble to provide the translation. But M de C should have sorted it. I'll be contacting them with a suggestion. I'm still interested in the soap.

Businesses that follow the herd and have a facebook page really should accept responsibility for prompt responses to questions or comments that need a reply.

I'm still waiting since 10.17am yesterday!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Martin-de-Candre/220676287985676

Eh you lot are not happy cause the French based company have the audacity to not have a good enough English version of there website.
I have that right, yeah
That's nearly as bad as the people who go abroad and shout louder at the barman as they don't understand what they are saying.
Let's look at all the uk websites how many of them have a separate site or even close in other languages.
Edit : fido if you have used a translate site to post your question on there Facebook page, you might still be waiting as they can't work out what the hell you have said.

Sorry just found your question
What is the odour and the weight.?
Won't like there scent being called a odour and the weight could be construed total weight or anything. This is one of the reasons I don't visit a lot of foreign shaving forums my grasp of the language is not quite good enough and google translates can make it very confusing

'you lot'?

I started this thread because they haven't replied to any emails sent for over a week. Nothing to do with the lack of information in English.
If MdC don't wish to communicate in English that is fine, I would advise them not to reply "We will answer as soon as possible" In English.
I have lived in countries other than England for over 10 years and I've never shouted at anyone.

Mes amis, we are English, they are French. Even if they want your business, they won't let you know and in all probability, they don't want your English business unless you ask in French. Don't you just love their cotton socks, damned Kermits!

French "as soon as possible" or "aussitot que possible" is the same as Spanish "manana" and Arabic "insha'llah". All have the same very precise meaning which we English fail utterly to understand, because, well, one doesn't behave like that here.

Back
Top Bottom