Martin de Candre Soaps

Has anyone here actually tried ordering from their website? (www.savonaraser.com) The English language version just seems to crash with multiple errors. The French side does seem to work after a fashion though although my French is non-existent. Does the €6 carriage include the UK? The soaps seem very expensive even if the reputation appears to be legendary. The descriptions of each soap on the English version of the website are a real hoot - rather like the over the top descriptions of the food in some top class restaurants... :icon_rolleyes:

I would be interested to know if anyone here has an opinion and whether these soaps are really worth the effort (and cost!).

Nikonos

RE: Martin de Cadre Soaps

They have been upgrading their website.

See if this works better for you:

http://www.savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/?id_lang=1

And it is superb soap - expensive but you do get 170g in the jar - many soaps come in 100g or less for £15 to £20.

RE: Martin de Cadre Soaps

Fido said:
They have been upgrading their website.

See if this works better for you:

http://www.savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/?id_lang=1

And it is superb soap - expensive but you do get 170g in the jar - many soaps come in 100g or less for £15 to £20.

Thanks Fido, that is much better! And all I need to do is spend another €951 to qualify for free shipping.. LOL

Any particular variety you would recommend?

Nikonos

I'm one of the few that, after a period of use, have decided I don't like it.

I never loved the scent, it's ok, just something "off" to my nose.

Lathers up a treat, probably the easiest to lather of any soap - BUT - I find the performance lacking. I get a smoother, slicker shave from IK, Provence Santé, Arko, and Moos. And my face never feels as nice afterwards - always a hint of discomfort/dryness, and always a nick or two.

I will be posting mine on the BST in the next few days. It's around 90-95% full.

John

jhclare said:
I'm one of the few that, after a period of use, have decided I don't like it.

I never loved the scent, it's ok, just something "off" to my nose.

Lathers up a treat, probably the easiest to lather of any soap - BUT - I find the performance lacking. I get a smoother, slicker shave from IK, Provence Santé, Arko, and Moos. And my face never feels as nice afterwards - always a hint of discomfort/dryness, and always a nick or two.

I will be posting mine on the BST in the next few days. It's around 90-95% full.

John

I know what you mean... Had it for maybe four weeks now, and gotta say, maybe I believed the hype a bit too much. Doubt I'll be selling the wooden bowl version I bought, but I suspect my glass jar one will soon be making way for something else...

Arko. Ruining my shaving experience since 2011*

*And by 'ruining' I mean setting the standard to which all other soaps are measured.

Back
Top Bottom