Married Scottish men

Hey guys,

Can any of you Scottish guys out there who are married recommend a band?

I have a few in mind but am interested in hearing anything about your experiences.

Andy

Is this for your nuptials Andy?

Try Riff Raff, show band from the shire, usually booked years in advance, sometimes you can be lucky. They are excellent.

Apart from that try the local working mens clubs, they'll put you on to somebody.

I tried to get a friend of a friends band called Ernest but they are booked up for 2 years straight (60 gigs a year at over 1k per gig on top of day jobs)

Im currently looking at a couple of Glasgow based bands called FNUK and A-Side Soul.

And it would be for up coming nuptuals ;)

Are you going for 'trendy', or is it the usual wedding fare? Deacon Blue, Simply Red, All Those Irish Twat Boybands. Got to keep the grannies happy.....or you will never hear the end of it.

Nah no way man. If I had my way it would be a Jazz/50's/60's/Rock n Roll and Rhythm n Blues event all the way which is what we are looking at.

Im "up to here" with it. Was at the wedding fair at the SECC last weekend.

Have finally decided on cars so will be booking them on Sunday (after pay day), I've got the flowers sorted, Venue (s) sorted, clothes all sorted etc.

Just the mention of the word wedding is sending me into cold sweats already ;) it's over a year till I get married.

However going through the wedding fair last weekend is my leverage for getting some samples from the decant club ha ha ha.

I've also started thinking about the pre wedding shave and what cologne to wear etc.

The last wedding I went to in Scotland was in Pitlochry and they had a Ceilidh band.

They also had a lady musician who had composed the tune for the first dance herself.

hunnymonster said:
Finished? No - still well over 3/4 left - but unlike some of the natives, I pace myself... I drink because I enjoy a pint now and again, not because I want to give someone a shoeing (or as would be said at home "a reet good jarping")

I've just about chucked it. We as a nation are an embarrassment with regards to alcohol. It's not a minority anymore ruining for the rest.

Back
Top Bottom