Managed to cut my foot whilst shaving ;), now I need wooden or child-safe (!) shave bowl

Was shaving yesterday and was using TABAC shaving soap, which I have used for many years, probably not the best but there is something I like about it (maybe my age?)

Anyway I made the mistake of dropping my slippery TABAC soap bowl, which is made of some kind of glass (it turns out) which smashed on the tiles into many very nasty shards and sharp pieces, small foot injury occurred on exiting bathroom .....

I salvaged the soap from the mess and cleaned up the glass and now need shave bowl which won't cause me an injury every time I have a senior moment / freak out in the bathroom. Obviously I could just use tupperware but having a nice bowl is kind of part of the visceral experience, and I like 'nice things'

I looked on Amazon and some soaps come with wooden bowls but I am bit reluctant to buy soap unless its OK to use so searched the forums here and haven't found a good recommendation, I guess its either going to be wood or, I suppose, metal

Any recommendations for a good soap bowl that won't smash into a million jagged pieces?

Cheers

You could have a look at these -

or

Cheers - I.

Was shaving yesterday and was using TABAC shaving soap, which I have used for many years, probably not the best but there is something I like about it (maybe my age?)

Anyway I made the mistake of dropping my slippery TABAC soap bowl, which is made of some kind of glass (it turns out) which smashed on the tiles into many very nasty shards and sharp pieces, small foot injury occurred on exiting bathroom .....

I salvaged the soap from the mess and cleaned up the glass and now need shave bowl which won't cause me an injury every time I have a senior moment / freak out in the bathroom. Obviously I could just use tupperware but having a nice bowl is kind of part of the visceral experience, and I like 'nice things'

I looked on Amazon and some soaps come with wooden bowls but I am bit reluctant to buy soap unless its OK to use so searched the forums here and haven't found a good recommendation, I guess its either going to be wood or, I suppose, metal

Any recommendations for a good soap bowl that won't smash into a million jagged pieces?

Cheers

It might not be the answer you are looking for, but Tabac can be bought in shaving stick.

IMO, shaving sticks are difficult to beat for form and function. Easy to store and produce superb results.

It might not be the answer you are looking for, but Tabac can be bought in shaving stick.

IMO, shaving sticks are difficult to beat for form and function. Easy to store and produce superb results.

To be honest I never really thought about it or tried one, I will give it a go - especially when travelling it might usefully reduce the size of my sponge bag. Might seem weird question but how do you use it, do you rub it on your face?

To be honest I never really thought about it or tried one, I will give it a go - especially when travelling it might usefully reduce the size of my sponge bag. Might seem weird question but how do you use it, do you rub it on your face?
Yes, rub it into your damp stubble and then work into a creamy lather with your damp brush, adding more water as required, very easy method of getting lather onto your face.

Paul.

What Paul said above.

I find it an easier, quicker way of building of a quality lather (especially with a synth) as it's possible to see how much soap you are loading. For a 2/3 pass shave I'll rub the Tabac stick over my cheeks and jaws, if whilst building the lather I'm short the next day I will rub the stick in the moustache area.

Yep Yes GIF by zoefannet

Just started using collapsible pet bowl from eBay the slow feeder one with the ridges in the bottom, plastic and gives a great lather, less than a fiver, quirky but it works

Back
Top Bottom