Make Shavettes great (again?)

Path lab blades....
On a serious note, the German Shavette only used DE or proprietary blades like the Tondeo TCR. The Dovo Shavette does take a cabinet blades which thus makes it a Sifter.
The Feather and Kai blades were first used in the medical profession before being used in the Barber field. You cannot compare them to the now mass produced "Shavettes" from Turkey, Pakistan and China. When I first started using them they were termed disposable straights. I personally just call them AC or AC clones, and AC blades.

Last edited:
I believe shavette is a Dovo trademark and my razor is also branded Dovo shavette on scales so to me it is a shavette :)

Last edited:
Reactions: abj
Just arrived..

Three Savettes ...

- A leaf-type Univilium china savette clone feather artist club kamisori.

- A Parker 31r type PTW savette made in India.

- A Chinese savette.

IMG_20200602_130018.jpg

It does indeed and I have had a couple of those Chinese clones. They don't accept the Weck/Personna blades immediately, as they are designed around the FEATHER Cut type blade (as pictured). Personally, I find those blades quite acceptable for face shaving. The spines are substantially thicker on the Weck/Personna blade.

XDSC3774.jpg
Had a nice shave with a Böker barberette (a rather stupid name for this type of razor, bet they regret not trademarking shavette back in the day)

Managed to buy two of the green inserts locally two years ago but nobody is selling the blades over here so need to step up and buy a pack or two from the UK.

Managed to buy two of the green inserts locally two years ago but nobody is selling the blades over here so need to step up and buy a pack or two from the UK.
Personna blades (Spilo/AccuTec) are the best, followed by Fromm who import from Japan. Which are made by NRK. Fromm may also distribute a brand called Diane.

Weck/Personna: is that the hair shaper blade good for the green insert in a Dovo?

Yes - the elusive Dovo green sleeve.

RnObKBg0ObUkAcLG615xScEfs5Fx8oGye1ZBkdnCpGzToH4KIiqHRhTukxJZADJ6lRnh2iE-hbKrTyD2R6N-L4LE1SzHyBTn0dyqfhOVdhi3bSHoAnHXVc7wzFlVVlTWge_AdVrOdUxCyEwRPTh_naCxmj-1kORmsNX45dLtMcb1t25Ew8R2wdBQYUtfWfgvwV3n7Y105ad_pweTubfG0QnReZhQXBIXBIl-2KXD8kBl0HUK0rn3BC5KPty_h8kbs4zWX7nfSo7nnCqP9Pyopn4Ej1XDah_WDgKysVDKzKfR-jSkTZb2PEiU5jeKN9G8kW0Yz1rS0OflB5Mkfj-YaGm4x6c4G7QBbQ6Mc0hMGIaNrcHBRPBxN_hQlbWQaLe4qbuqZ7uHTzrBCzsqrQkCdpG_k5q4Kdy3EJQHbiBGC680VXVbXlLvXtgUbHPRyq8b0nWN6Tj8-Qc4Iw30WmshWpVH533F-Z6R7WGv_Cw49MnRwjgzwXw7KIe7aw-LU6w3V79bWwJU0EQ4DtFIO_oUMTV3mvDt9mZaF8Y64jDDiqr81hg0f3s0BCQugu7UANZonSf4a6-x-TK1VPuxTqJ9BgAy0yuDS9TmBVdw07EF4m9nmqsFdFZcQP-GvVb4TPCf_HaKT8BgnD-vHgfhZvxiK2-7O-cJcA6hs1thWsmuRQkMxEr3DbIiXEX_e76cew=w1200

^ shown with a Miraki razor which is happy to take the Dovo sleeves.

EDIT: Gosh! That picture above is clever. Someone took some time editing.

Back
Top Bottom