Mainlining Sandalwood

Whilst browsing on eBay over the weekend - as we do - I got my mind and my eyes on some sandalwood soap. Now having a liking for the whiff of sandalwood I ordered a couple of bars; they came overnight, post free, in a top class ebay transaction.

My goodness this stuff is seriously powerful. I used some at home the other day and the scent is very strong, so much so that although it feels great to wash with it is now in the garage before Mrs Spirit takes it upon herself to investigate further and furgle around in the various stash areas. The other bar is in my desk at work and it is (ahem) noticable.

The product is 'Mysore Sandal Soap' and is made (as it is stamped on the bars) at the Govt. Soap Works, Bangalore. This seems to be the genuine article and to the original formula. The packaging is very old school and this soap is definitely one for the sandalwood enthusiast.

I think that this will be a product you either love or you will hate. Me? I'm still on the fence.

Enjoy, or not!

Ah me, "Furgling in a stash area", what vivid memories that awoke in my slumbering brain cells ! Or then, perhaps I just misunderstood the image which "furgling" brought to mind !

JohnnyO. :oops:

I have a couple of bars of this very soap, think i paid about £3.50 inc postage and they threw in some sandalwood joss sticks :D A serious bargain!!

You are right David, scent wise after using this stuff in my pre-shave ritual, i couldn't even detect the sandalwood scent of my ToBS soap while lathering. It's a pity they don't make a shaving soap themselves - i'd buy it ;)

moodymick said:
I have a couple of bars of this very soap, think i paid about £3.50 inc postage and they threw in some sandalwood joss sticks :D A serious bargain!!

Mine were £3.00 delivered but it does sound like the same supplier?

I gave the free joss sticks to the ageing hippy at work, man. She's so far out she's coming back again!! :lol:

I do quite like sandalwood but my office smells like a goatskinner's tent at the moment...

:shock:

Back
Top Bottom