M&S Woodspice Shaving Soap

Saw this over on B&B. Who's going to take one for the team?:

They have 3 aftershaves that are ok
i’ll be interested in your thoughts when it arrives

The complete dominance of sodium rather than potassium compounds suggests airy collapsing lather, but that's a generalisation

Sodium palmate, sodium palm kernelate, aqua, glycerin, sodium cocoyl isethionate, parfum, sodium chloride, stearic acid, olea europaea husk oil, sodium PCA, tetrasodium EDTA, argania spinosa kernel oil, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, tetrasodium etidronate, eugenol, sodium hydroxide, tocopherol, CI 77891.

Review now up on the B&B page. It can be précised as "shit brush, shitter soap" ;)

"Used the M&S shaving soap and brush today,. The brush felt scratchy compared to my very old and well used Simpson chubby and didn't retain the soap well. Speaking of the soap it was hard to build up a lather without considerable effort, I'm not a newbie at this either, been wet shaving all my life I'm don't know......the recipe seems off, it was like shaving with a regular bar of soap that M&S have repackaged and renamed 'shaving soap'.

Gents it's a miss for me."

Review now up on the B&B page. It can be précised as "shit brush, shitter soap" ;)

"Used the M&S shaving soap and brush today,. The brush felt scratchy compared to my very old and well used Simpson chubby and didn't retain the soap well. Speaking of the soap it was hard to build up a lather without considerable effort, I'm not a newbie at this either, been wet shaving all my life I'm don't know......the recipe seems off, it was like shaving with a regular bar of soap that M&S have repackaged and renamed 'shaving soap'.

Well, that's a shitter

Reviewing a well used/run in brush and a new brush does not seem fair. Brushes will naturally break in and get softer over time.
I have a boar brush that when new was like lathering with twigs compared to my original badger brush, now the boar has soft tips with backbone enough to produce masses of lather with the hardest of soaps.
So not a fair comparison.

Reviewing a well used/run in brush and a new brush does not seem fair. Brushes will naturally break in and get softer over time.
I have a boar brush that when new was like lathering with twigs compared to my original badger brush, now the boar has soft tips with backbone enough to produce masses of lather with the hardest of soaps.
So not a fair comparison.

Despite what it looks like, the brush is actually synthetic (as per M&S website). Shouldn't need breaking in

i agree it’s probably pants but man surely we can’t compare the brush to a chubby

Back
Top Bottom