Luxury Italian Brands

Shaving soap is only expensive if you keep buying and end up with dozens of soaps! SV probably lasts 6 months, so a year's supply costs only £ 1 per week . Tell me what you can buy for that! ?? Forget having loads of soap but go for something that gives a superlative shave.
Of course there will be some who can't tell the difference between cheap and expensive soaps, but I was amazed when I used SV the first time, after using various budget products.
Saponificio Varesino is another that should be added, I have one or two but I have never tried either...

What exactly is the scent of Boellis? I nearly bought a bar this weekend but reading almond just put me off.

So in the middle of an Italian soap thread I went French and MdC rose. A nice treat for a little event this past week.

To my nose it is just almond, but the best almond available in an Italian shaving soap. Where Cella, Vitos, 3P etc all have benzaldehyde for scent both ABC & Boellis list "Parfum" in their INCI, I find the former too sweet for my taste (like an almond pastry) but Boellis smells divine.

Shaving soap is only expensive if you keep buying and end up with dozens of soaps! SV probably lasts 6 months, so a year's supply costs only £ 1 per week . Tell me what you can buy for that! ?? Forget having loads of soap but go for something that gives a superlative shave.
Of course there will be some who can't tell the difference between cheap and expensive soaps, but I was amazed when I used SV the first time, after using various budget products.

I see your theory and completely understand it but im more of a variety is the spice of life kind of guy. There are too many soaps out there to stick to one until it is finished before buying another. Mix and rotate for me.

I see your theory and completely understand it but im more of a variety is the spice of life kind of guy. There are too many soaps out there to stick to one until it is finished before buying another. Mix and rotate for me.
Buy five quality soaps and five budget soaps and you will have all the variety you require :) P.

I don't use many budget soaps, but my Speick Active didn't last very long. The performance was fine, just the longevity.
I have Cyril R. Salter solid shave soap in my collection, it is as cheap as chips however it is an excellent soap and it lasts as long as any " quality" hard soaps, so I won't dismiss all budget soaps because some will supprise you. :) P.

I have Cyril R. Salter solid shave soap in my collection, it is as cheap as chips however it is an excellent soap and it lasts as long as any " quality" hard soaps, so I won't dismiss all budget soaps because some will supprise you. :) P.
I have the Cyril Salter and Culmak soaps that I purchased in 2007. I have never used them.

Back
Top Bottom