looking for the smallest brush imaginable

Long story short;

I have just remembered I have a lovely compact shaving kit, a root around the house turned it up and also revealed a pair of chrome tubes. My mind started to wander, I spend a fair bit of time travelling for work but most of it is between home in London and the other office in Dublin. My mind wanders further, I already keep a spare shirt, pants and socks in the Dublin office for emergencies, (Bastard icelandic volcanoes death clouds for example), why not keep some blades there, load up the travel kit with a tech or similar, find a brush for the tube. How cool would that be? Proper shave in carry on luggage!

Now here is the problem, The tubes are tiny! 3" high (not including the dome) and just under 1.5" wide, (80mm h by 35mm wide). So brush is going to be hard to find, can any of you learned and wise men suggest an off the shelf solution?

My last resort will be a cheap wooden handled boar brush from fleabay, a vice, a saw and some sandpaper.

TL:DR -

Does anyone know of a brush with dims around 80mm h by 35mm wide

A Simpson's Wee Scot? Think that should fit in one of the chrome tubes, I'm sure one of the members on here has said that they have one in their travel kit.

Here you go, hunnymonster has one that he keeps in one of those tubes. Maybe PM him to check out the dimensions.

When you said 80 mm I presume this includes both measurements from handle and loft. If you change your mind these come close:
( Omega 21047 does not come with a travel tube. )

Omega #21047 Banded Boar
Ht: 77 mm Loft: 47 mm Base: 30mm Dia: 30 mm Knot: 20 mm

Dwt: 19.55
g: 30.4
oz: 1.07
ozt: .97

Omega #50014 - TurnBack Travel Brush

Ht: 90 mm Loft: 45 mm Base: 45 mm Knot: 21 mm
*Ht: 94 mm Loft: 47 mm Base: 47 mm Dia: 22/27 mm Knot: 21 mm

Dry weight: 16.65
g: 25.9
oz: .91
ozt: .83

With Tube
DWT: 24.80

g: 38.6

oz: 1.36

ozt: 1.24

EDWIN JAGGER - Traditional in Light Horn - Best - 2 Sizes
9EJ942 Ht: 86 mm Loft: 43 mm Base: 43 mm Knot: 19 mm
*9EJ942 Ht: 85 mm Loft: 43 mm Base: 42 mm Dia: 30 Knot: 19 mm

DWT: 21.35
g: 33.2
oz: 1.17
ozt: 1.06

With Tube
DWT: 38.65

g: 60.1

oz: 2.11

ozt: 1.93

Vulfix Travel Tube Brushes - Available in Pure and Super Badger 2273

Ht: 80 mm Loft: 40 mm Base: 40 mm Knot: 19 mm

*Ht: 85 mm Loft: 46 mm Base: 38 mm Dia: 31 Knot: 19 mm

DWT: 25.
g: 38.9
oz: 1.37
ozt: 1.25

With Tube
DWT: 46.80

g: 72.8

oz: 2.56

ozt: 2.34

Yellow Jim said:
A Simpson's Wee Scot? Think that should fit in one of the chrome tubes, I'm sure one of the members on here has said that they have one in their travel kit.

Here you go, hunnymonster has one that he keeps in one of those tubes. Maybe PM him to check out the dimensions.

It sits in the 1950s chrome tube I have with loads of space to spare... both height and diametrically

moodymick said:
ebilpirate said:
How cool would that be? Proper shave in carry on luggage!

Don't forget that taking razor blades in hand luggage is classed as very naughty, so unless the thought of large hairy knuckles and small orifices has some attraction for you - i'd go plan B ;)

I'll post a few blades them over to the office before I travel. Giving me a capsule wardrobe over there of socks, pants, shirt, blades and ibuprofen, (those irish tech lads can really drink).

Cheers for the advice folks... I will do some shopping now.

Hiya,

No idea if this interests you, but I have an old Gillette travel brush that looks to be unused. I'd guess it's not badger because of the stiff bristles, and I couldn't tell you about how it performs. I believe these were included in some of the nicer razors sets with the NEW Improved head such as the Tuckaway. One pic shows it next to a ball end Tech, and the other is next to a smallish badger brush. Heh, it's a cute little thing.

Let me know if that interests you and maybe we can work out a swap or something. No problem if you'd rather pass, but I figured to at least make the offer.

Martin

Attachments

• travel brush 001.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 138
  • travel brush 003.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom