looking for a strong solar power watch

I've just had to watches die on me and the service/repair cost are more then the cost of the watches so have decided to look for a new watch.

Price up to £150

AND!!!!!

1) must not need batteries or be a wind up.

2) must be waterproof although I'm unlikely to be doing anything deeper then 20m underwater.

3) must have a simple date function.

4) must be of ruggedised construction.

5) No rubber or plastic straps.

6) metal or webbing straps are ok.

any suggestions chaps? :)

Cheers Dave

I have a Traser watch wear it everyday except weekends I'm a Carpenter by trade and Citizen Seiko watches just haven't been up to it even the Citizen pro series sorry not tough enough but my Traser as put them to shame.
http://www.h3watchshop.co.uk/?gclid=CIC6gYmgibQCFUbKtAodv00Arg

Jamie

Well solar powered nowadays pretty much means Citizen eco-drive. I've got one (all metal) which cost about £100 and has been fine for about 5 years now. Loads of eco-drives are between £100 and £150.

I would have backed up the choices of G-Shock but I notice you said no rubber straps. Also I'm not even sure G-shock do a solar powered version? I thought they were all battery.

I've had a pulsar watch for 2 years it's a kinetic but it recharges its battery with kinetic movement and its water proof to 100m black face,day date, stainless strap. Simple
All I've ever done to this poor thing is abuse it and it keeps going.....
All that helps you with nothing because......it's....not a solar powered..watch...really...is...o.crap :blush:

My Citizen Eco Drive was £84 and a birthday present from my wonderful wife last April. Doing well so far, mightily pleased.

Gshock models have solar power in their line, some come with metal strap and they also have time adjusted by satellite so you do not miss a second. There are also some lines from Casio which offer the same like the dive or something like that series and also a couple of others.
I would suggest you check the official site of all the brands mentioned and you decide.
Cheers

You can't go wrong with a Citizen Eco Drive. Plenty of models with bracelets, and they do some very nice military-styled ones with a high quality padded nylon strap.

Weather you want a casual, dress, business or rugged watch you should be able to find a suitable Eco Drive. Quality of the dials and cases is amazing for the price.

I have two titanium cased Eco Drives and they are so good my expensive automatic watches mainly sit in their boxes, unused.

Back
Top Bottom