Longest Lasting fragrance

Hiya,

In general, the soaps with the longest scent after the shave would be the ones sold by Charles at http://www.qedusa.com/qedman-qedman-shaving-soap-p-54.html

When I want a blast of ROSE, that's what I use. Lasts maybe 2-3 hours after it's rinsed off. Same goes for SANDALWOOD.......really intense single note that hangs around a good while after the shave.

The problem is catching him with some of that made up. Very hit or miss when it comes to variety. His lime soap is worth trying if you like a strong single note EO kinda thing. Performance is good.

Martin

Helveticum said:
pugh-the-special-one said:
Tom Ford Black orchid, I can still smell the scent the next day.

Jamie

It was about the shaving creams.

I must have been dreaming, when I posted that, but now I realise we are talking creams or soaps, I'm with Carl & Rob, why would you want a strong long lasting scent from these products? because by the time you moisturise and apply Edt or Eau de parfum it totally defeats the object, you are covering up one scent with another that probably doesn't even match as a layering partner.

pugh-the-special-one said:
I must have been dreaming, when I posted that, but now I realise we are talking creams or soaps, I'm with Carl & Rob, why would you want a strong long lasting scent from these products? because by the time you moisturise and apply Edt or Eau de parfum it totally defeats the object, you are covering up one scent with another that probably doesn't even match as a layering partner.

+1.

No objection at all to the posts above, but perhaps some people don't apply aftershave after their shave! or they may be using a non scented aftershave balm or moisturizer? I don't but just came to my mind and thoufght I have to write it :D

Sezer74 said:
No objection at all to the posts above, but perhaps some people don't apply aftershave after their shave! or they may be using a non scented aftershave balm or moisturizer? I don't but just came to my mind and thoufght I have to write it :D

Fair point, but it really isn't the job of a cream to act as a fragrance. I'd suggest that it's unreasonable to want the effect of a long-lasting AS or even a cologne without being prepared to use one!

For me Martin de Candre soap can stay 'on' for many hours, just a wiff, bit still there long after the AS. My typical day doesn't include a edt, but after Carls group buy it happens more often than before :)

Hiya,

Normally I don't care for soaps/creams fragrance to linger much after the shave. It's fine if the scent's fairly strong as long as it goes away pretty quick when it's off my face. When I use the QED soaps, I need to plan on what my EdT will be.

I also prefer the scent of whatever the AS I'm using doesn't hang around either, in case it conflicts with my EdT choice.

Martin

Martin ... Think of it almost as you would a Flavored Vodka. You have the cologne. Use the MWF, add a splash. Use have the alcohol, add a little larger splash. And your problem is solved. Yankee Ingenuity!

I can send you some Cuba if you want to try!:)-)

If you're not going to wear any other smellies and you want a soap that just smells pleasant for an hour or so I'm finding that TOBS Shaving Shop seems to hang around slightly, as does Irisch Moos.

Back
Top Bottom