Long handled razor recommendations

To me its a slightly odd criteria but I bought a mate a Muhle R41 OC and he didn't like it, I asked him what he did prefer and he said a razor with a long handle.

So what what are the options?

AD
I had the Merkur Barberpole 38c, got it because I thought I would appreciate a longer handle. It's a great razor but I was mistaken with long handled razors. I had another look at it on the web, it sure looks nice!

Cheers

I have a Feather Popular and it has by far the longest handle of any of my razors, even manages to make my Slim look short.

Good razor, quite light and very mild though.

Paul kindly answered this question for you

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1808</a><!-- l -->

I use a 38c quite a lot.
Very different feel to my other, shorter handled, razors and it seems to show up the differences in blades more,( maybe my imagination?) but let the weight do it and its a great shave.
regards, beejay

This is a personal thing, as many others. Some swear by the EJ Chat (Fido, Pete, etc.)

I have tried the 38C and the Edwin Jagger Chatsworth. The 38C is rather heavy, and the balance falls a lot on the handle. For me this is not ideal. For others, it may be. A 38C red/blue/black may be lighter, I don't know.

The EJ is a very nice razor, excellent quality, mild, but still the balance falls a tad short on the handle this time (I have the faux horn handle version). I would imagine the metal handle version would be more balanced, but heavier as well.

I regularly switch between my Merkur 38C and the Jagger Chatsworth - both are quite heavy:

I went back to the Jagger today after a few days with my old Gillette Superspeed. Short, light and so unaggressive it's hard to realise it does anything until after the shave. I just prefer long handles, heavy razors and to feel the blade doing its work.

39C Slant SledgeHammer - Thinking about using it break up some slabs next week. Big and heavy.. In fact its so heavy the question of skill goes out the window and it shaves you automatically. ;)

I also have a Merkur 23C tho and that's a much thinner lighter handle but with the same length.

Back
Top Bottom