L'Occitane Cade

Strange as it seems I have never tired some of the big names in soaps and recently set on a misson to rectify this, I only recently tired MWF and that is quite different to anything else I have (must be the sheep juice).

I picked up a cake of L'Occitane Cade in the metal bowl and a matching balm. It arrived today and will be used tomorrow. Any tips from the Cade fans out there? is it better to immerse the entire cake for a quick soak before first use?

The balm smells like Astral cream to me, reminds me of old peoples moisturiser but the scent is fleeting so it only matters how well it works. It seems some rate this and others hate it so was keen to evaluate for myself.

Will report back after a few uses.

The balms great, a little does go a long way. No need to soak the whole puck but load that brush up, don’t worry it can take a lot of water before it gets too thin. Enjoy :shave

The balms a good facial moisturizer not just an ASB.

I went in to the shop in Covent Garden yesterday, Almost picked up some products, then decided I already had enough to be going on with. So I'll go back next week now. Although, I've got a job in Covent Garden tomorrow. I'll keep an eye on your SOTD to see if it's worth getting.

the balm is supposed to be excellent stuff

the soap's similar to a posh version of Boots, so you'll have no problems with it

No need to immerse it. Just a few drops of water on top of the cake and a wet brush, it lathers well. It's a lovely soap, I wish the scent was a bit stronger.

No doubt most of you know this already but just thought I'd mention that I now know how to pronounce L'Occitane correctly. :roll:

I was in the L'Occitane shop this week and, never being sure if the 'cc' part sounded like a K or an S or if it ended in 'tan' or 'tane', I thought I'd check. Turns out I'd forgotten my French pronunciations from school and was completely off track. It is actually pronounced like Loxitan.

So now you know, even if you don't care!! :D

Pig Cat said:
No doubt most of you know this already but just thought I'd mention that I now know how to pronounce L'Occitane correctly. :roll:

I was in the L'Occitane shop this week and, never being sure if the 'cc' part sounded like a K or an S or if it ended in 'tan' or 'tane', I thought I'd check. Turns out I'd forgotten my French pronunciations from school and was completely off track. It is actually pronounced like Loxitan.

So now you know, even if you don't care!! :D

Yeah, i'm into these things. lol
Loxitan? Really? - you're not just saying that so I look an idiot when I repeat it?

Thanks for the reply to really a pointless thread guys, was just a little bored, it is a soap not a nuclear warhead so I am sure I can get it working.

NatJag said:
I went in to the shop in Covent Garden yesterday, Almost picked up some products, then decided I already had enough to be going on with. So I'll go back next week now. Although, I've got a job in Covent Garden tomorrow. I'll keep an eye on your SOTD to see if it's worth getting.

Just for having such a nice Avatar I will post a SOTD for you mate, I don't often post a SOTD but I am very interested to see how this combination performs, and now I have quite a breadth of experience I will hopefully not be swayed by reviews or expectations set from reading. I will try to give my opinion, good or bad.

Perhaps I am just getting old(er) but I do love the aesthetics of having a nice set in the bathroom. I have an early start tomorrow so I was getting the shave kit ready and realised last weeks shave combination was lovely set to look at so took a quick photo just because it is nicer to see it in the wild than me try to explain or you judge from websites.

Here is what I used last week, Trumpers Rose, Simpsons Astor Brush and a horn handled Chatsworth, first few days I used a NOS Swede followed by a Personna blade till this morning. I have to say I had a week of nice shaves which I looked forward to each day.

IMG_1298.jpg

This is next weeks shave kit starting tomorrow; Dovo Silvertip brush (maybe swapped midway for a B&B Essential, L'Occitane soap, Metal handled Chatsworh which is quite a bit heavier then the horn, for some consistency I will use the same blade routine, first a Swede then a Personna.

IMG_1299.jpg

It got seal of approval from the household management :lol:

The tiles? we got a man who can in to do the bathroom about 8 years ago so not sure where they came from, apparently SMWBO says they were from Cosmo ceramics. They have a pattern tile which is two piece with the inside being a metallic finish and a nice border tile, 8x10 in size or thereabouts.

That area where the photo is taken is just a custom made cabinet topped with nice kitchen worktop, the tiles are just decorative as there is no sink there, just an illuminated mirror above the tiles. I have claimed it as an area to keep my shaving kit in use that week.

I still prefer the shaving kit to the tiles though... :)

Back
Top Bottom