L'Occitane Cade Bowl

Hi , does anyone know how to clean the black marks from inside an aluminium cade shaving bowl or can you tell me if its unhealthy.
Its supposed to be non oxidising aluminium .

20120226_213553.jpg

leemk said:
Hi , does anyone know how to clean the black marks from inside an aluminium cade shaving bowl or can you tell me if its unhealthy.
Its supposed to be non oxidising aluminium .

20120226_213553.jpg

damn i must have missed it when i went in the shop a couple months ago. didnt realise they sell soap pots

Try the old time, all time favorite of a Lemon dipped in salt. Cut the lemon in half dip the cut part in table salt and scrub.
The Al. Oxide actually protects the Al from corrosion. Doesn't look cute but serves a purpose. The the lemon and salt might work to remove it and make it look clean again.

Thanks , will pick up a lemon tomorrow.
It's only the inside of the pot , but what worried me was when trying to clean it with a cloth , black marks appeared on the cloth but didn't remove the black from the pot .

The white stuff is dried soap , a half used pick had been in there for nearly a year and was very crumbly.

I'm wondering if I have a newer / waterproof bowl. I bought mine about a year ago and since then I've seen 2 or 3 threads asking how to get rid of stains and tough watermarks, but in that time I've never had any marks on mine... minor water marks just wipe off with a dry towel.

Nice of them to replace it.

Does this mean they don't make the old style bowls anymore? Im gonna stockpile then! If I start a craze I can triple my money

I don't think they do Boab, as I say I bought mine a year ago (Feb 11) and mine is the "new" design that doesn't tarnish. Looking at Leemk's photos I definitely have the latter. I don't imagine there are many of the old design in the retail chain after a year or more. Looks like you've found your niche, find some of those and you'll be rich, RICH I tells ya!

Did you spot DI Chandler using this bowl in the Whitechapel nick last night? The lather he used was enough to have L'Occitane sue ITV, I'd have thought. Was he using a Gillette Slim razor - 1960-ish?

At a guess - could be miles out - I'd guess 5/8 of the way through. Certainly just after an ad break - I think - yeah, sure. Ish.

There he is, hacking away - literally - with a lather Oliver would have complained was thin - if it was gruel. Stop digging!

Back
Top Bottom