Let's See Your Setup

Just been looking at some of the Pics on Badger & Blade of the "Shaving Dens" ;) just curious to see the setups some of you boys have....
i have a real simple setup.

Fatboy, Slim, Ikon, and now New EJ89
Palmolive Soap
Wade Mug
Vulfix Mixed Brush
Proraso Balm.

1.jpg

2.jpg

This is 1 of 3 things either thats your second bathroom or you waited till she went out and put all your stuff out or you live on your own :lol:

over5feet said:
This is 1 of 3 things either thats your second bathroom or you waited till she went out and put all your stuff out or you live on your own :lol:

I live on my own, my girlfriend has her own place too, so lucky me this space is all mine, her little bit of stuff is hidden in the bath before this was taken :oops: :lol:

Crappy cameraphone pics, better than nothing hopefully.

3 shelves of the bathroom cabinet have been taken over.

Creams & Soaps:
DSC00006.JPG

Aftershaves/smelly stuff:
DSC00008%231.JPG

Sharp things:
DSC00007.JPG

A foot to the left is where my strop lives and the brush decided it wanted in on the photo too:
DSC00013%231.JPG

Proinsias said:
Crappy cameraphone pics, better than nothing hopefully.

3 shelves of the bathroom cabinet have been taken over.

Creams & Soaps:
DSC00006.JPG

Aftershaves/smelly stuff:
DSC00008%231.JPG

Sharp things:
DSC00007.JPG

A foot to the left is where my strop lives and the brush decided it wanted in on the photo too:
DSC00013%231.JPG

Nice.... Straights as well, i bought one of those that takes half a Double Edge Blade, and cut my face to buggery trying to use it, scared me off for life !!

might study it a bit more and get a decent one and try again !!

That's quite a collection of razors you got there, very nice.

Just looked at the pics I've posted. The only Gillette razor in the pic is a mach 3, there's a fat tech handle with a unknown open comb head that was made in England. I've got a fatboy, 40's superspeed and an old open comb out on loan. Don't want people thinking I'm anti vintage Gilette and pro mach 3.

sunburyboy93 said:
Nice.... Straights as well, i bought one of those that takes half a Double Edge Blade, and cut my face to buggery trying to use it, scared me off for life !!

might study it a bit more and get a decent one and try again !!

Those things are dangerous. A well honed straight razor will be much more forgiving. If you can manage a passable shave with a shavette a straight razor with a good edge will be a joy.

Neil Miller, of Strop Shop UK, is a member here and will provide you with a beautiful edge if you feel the need. I've put a tiny chip in the razor I got from him, no idea how, but I've got some stones on the way to see if I can remedy this on my own.

*edit* could be dangerous if you're a collector. You've got at least another 100 years of mass production and a whole load of rarities.

Sunbury - your signature:

Never Look Back,.............Never Apologise.........Game On !!!

At 8.02pm when you posted, there was one on!

The thread's a good idea though. A bit like this one:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3339" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3339</a><!-- l -->

Damian Murphy said:
JohnnyO said:
You really & truly want a photo of a Tupperware box with a damp brush, tub of MB soap & a Muehle 89 ? :oops:

JohnnyO

Luxury , I've just got a cardboard box in the middle of the road

... I used t'dream 'bout having a cardboard box in t'middle o't'road for shaving kit. We used t'have to get up at 5 AM (7 hours before going to bed), walk to the mines - uphill... both ways - go down the pit, shave for 29 hour a day, sterilse shaver in evaporated yak urine, replate the metal 8 times a day - with our teeth - and pay for t'privilege!

... but you tell folk that these days, an' they won' believe it!

urghhh....the mines....i remember trudging there in real life at 0330 in the happy days...without a shave

memories eh

Urban Hermit said:
Damian Murphy said:
JohnnyO said:
You really & truly want a photo of a Tupperware box with a damp brush, tub of MB soap & a Muehle 89 ? :oops:

JohnnyO

Luxury , I've just got a cardboard box in the middle of the road

... I used t'dream 'bout having a cardboard box in t'middle o't'road for shaving kit. We used t'have to get up at 5 AM (7 hours before going to bed), walk to the mines - uphill... both ways - go down the pit, shave for 29 hour a day, sterilse shaver in evaporated yak urine, replate the metal 8 times a day - with our teeth - and pay for t'privilege!

... but you tell folk that these days, an' they won' believe it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fido said:
Sunbury - your signature:

Never Look Back,.............Never Apologise.........Game On !!!

At 8.02pm when you posted, there was one on!

The thread's a good idea though. A bit like this one:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3339" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3339</a><!-- l -->

Blimey, Tell i havent been around for a while, i didn't see that thread....

you do have some stuff Fido, a large investment......very nice stuff though.....

Back
Top Bottom