leather driving gloves suggestions ?

Sorry, I have to ask. Why would anyone want to wear gloves when driving?

It made some sense in old cars with rubbish heating and cold plastic steering wheels, but I can't see the need these days, unless of course you do have an old classic car.

No, unfortunately I do not.

The reason is that in the winter time when getting into the car the wheel is very cold and a bit of warm in the fingers would be more than welcome until the heating gets in.

I guess any pair good quality of leather gloves could do the job as well, so suggestions for these are also welcome...

Lose the beard said:
Sorry, I have to ask. Why would anyone want to wear gloves when driving?

It made some sense in old cars with rubbish heating and cold plastic steering wheels, but I can't see the need these days, unless of course you do have an old classic car.

Some Steve McQueen gloves?
GPL864_1.jpg

You'd be the king of cool!

undertherazor said:
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding a good quality pair of leather driving gloves ?

I m looking to get one of these but have no idea on brands / quality.

Are you talking old-school "Gene Hunt from Ashes to Ashes" style driving gloves. If so, then Dents are very nice. I've got a pair and they go rather well with my vintage Merc:

http://www.dents.co.uk/products/60/Men's-leather-driving-glove.asp

Always gives my friends a good laugh!

If you mean the more modern ones, for track days etc, I don't know about brands but a couple of friends race and they say the best gloves have external stitching rather than internal. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom