LEA Shaving Stick (2024 Reformulation)

... and now LEA has a new formulation for their excellent shaving stick!

Potassium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Palmate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoate, Cocamide DEA, Coconut Acid, Partfum (Marine Scent), Titanium Dioxide, Palm Kernel Acid, Lanolin, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Linalool, Linonene. Batch No. 20L0433

Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palmate, Aqua (Water), Potassium Laurate, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Palm Kernel Acid, Cocamide DEA, Parfum (Fragrance), Potassium Palm Kernelate, Titanium Dioxide, Lanolin, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Linalool, Limonene, Tetrasodium EDTA

Given no Tetrasodium Pentetate in the existing formulation there seemed little reason to change, so best guess this is a supplier-driven change.

No reason to think it's not going to be as good, if not better - it still has the lanolin, too.

Potassium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Palmate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoate, Cocamide DEA, Coconut Acid, Partfum (Marine Scent), Titanium Dioxide, Palm Kernel Acid, Lanolin, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Linalool, Linonene. Batch No. 20L0433

Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palmate, Aqua (Water), Potassium Laurate, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Palm Kernel Acid, Cocamide DEA, Parfum (Fragrance), Potassium Palm Kernelate, Titanium Dioxide, Lanolin, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Linalool, Limonene, Tetrasodium EDTA

Given no Tetrasodium Pentetate in the existing formulation there seemed little reason to change, so best guess this is a supplier-driven change.

No reason to think it's not going to be as good, if not better - it still has the lanolin, too.
I always feel like the Lea sticks get a little ignored. For the price they are very nice little shavers. I already have two of the 2019 formulations, so I'm not sure if I'll grab more for a bit, but every now and then, I like to round up an order from Connaught's, and these would be great for that due to their low cost.

Someone on B&B posted this today and said he prefers the new formulation but it is a touch smaller, it's a 40g stick.

Funny that…

I got two sticks from Connaught recently, 50gms, so I assume old formulation. I’ve just finished a shave with it. Awesome stuff.

I haven’t posted on SOTD as I ‘m still a bit grumpy that my new EJ89/Astra combo isn’t behaving itself in the way I expected. GGGRRRR!

What have they got against Coconut oil?

I presume soap manufacturers are switching from coconut oil to lauric acid for cost?

Looking at Wiki, Coconut Oil is 49% lauric acid. I'm not an expert but is the compound of coconut oil that reacts with lye/sodium hydroxide to form soap so maybe manufacturers are switching to it as it's cheaper/more efficient to use lauric acid than coconut oil?

Maybe one of the resident soap makers could provide some info?

What have they got against Coconut oil?
I think the two Laurates are the new way of expressing "Coconut Fatty Acids".

Different process no doubt. Given that the hallmark (DNA, if you like) of the reformulations going on in 2024 are all showing Potassium Laurate and Sodium Laurate, I guess it's a well established product and practice.

Back
Top Bottom